A few things that confuse me

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
Holywhippet

A few things that confuse me

Post by Holywhippet »

1) What exactly does the 108 stars ending mean? The hero was out on a boat, seemingly dead or asleep. Then the gets up and starts waving to a passing ship. My initial thought is that he died, but the rune decided to bring him back for being a good boy. But AFAIK, you can't raise the dead with any kind of rune - least of all a rune who's purpose is to smack the crap out of things and suck life force from the wielder.

2) How exactly does the hero survive the punishment rune attack at the start of the game? He seems to throw up some kind of magical barrier to protect himself.

3) I seem to recall one character saying something about her son being lost at sea. Is the hero supposed to be that character?

4) Is Noah meant to be a Nay-Kobold, or a half Nay-Kobold or something? All the others look like full blown cat people, but she looks like a cat girl. When you catch her in the throne room she claims to be a Nay-Kobold, but then she immediately indicates she was lying.
mumbay

Re: A few things that confuse me

Post by mumbay »

1) if you get 108 stars before the battle at El-Eal the rune of punishment goes into it's atonement phase and it won't hurt you when you use it. So since it was in it's atonement phase by the end of the game it didn't kill the hero.

2)the Rune of Punishment had picked the Hero to be the next bearer like Brandeau said but Glen seemed to have interferred with that.

3)Lino En Kuldes i believe your talking about. His wife was attacked by pirates out in sea but since they're navy wasn't the strongest they weren't able to defend themselves well so in an attempt to save they're children the queen uses the rune of punishment and in the end it caused the Hero to get lost in sea.

4) Noah is a girl who from what i see wants to be a nay kobold and respects them.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

2) it's the so-called "destiny". (ugh..) The Rune,as far as I know, WANTS Lazzie to be his bearer so he protected him from being turned to ashes.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

4) I don't know either. In Tactics, she wears Nay-Kobold Equipment. (But Lalacle, too...) But I guess she's no real Nay-Kobold.
Masamune.

Post by Masamune. »

So she's the Nay-Kobold version of a Japanophile?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

don't be racist, they just have similar shapes!
Masamune.

Post by Masamune. »

Was that directed at me? If so: whut?
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

KFCrispy wrote:don't be racist, they just have similar shapes!
I don't think they have similar shapes. Noah, imo, dresses up like a Nay-Kobold because she idolizes them.. If what reason, I have no idea.. Unless to look cute in front of people she's gonna steal from..:)
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!