Help with Ugetsu and Rita

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
MermaidKasumi

Help with Ugetsu and Rita

Post by MermaidKasumi »

So I've heard you need to get Rita in order to get Ugetsu in order to get Lilan who I want. So I suck at Ritapon and dont know what's going on. The blocks you place on the table are discarded? Do you need three of a kind in your hand? I read the explanation but it's still confusing. Any help?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Help with Ugetsu and Rita

Post by KFCrispy »

i don't think you need to recruit Rita to get Ugetsu. you probably just need to walk or sail into the area where Ugetsu is found instead of teleporting, maybe recruit enough characters as well.

unfortunately i don't remember the game rules right now...
MermaidKasumi

Post by MermaidKasumi »

KFCrispy wrote:i don't think you need to recruit Rita to get Ugetsu. you probably just need to walk or sail into the area where Ugetsu is found instead of teleporting, maybe recruit enough characters as well.

unfortunately i don't remember the game rules right now...
That sucks I manually taken my boat in and out like a 100 times and that skank doesnt show up by the trading post!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

he's very hard to spot. if i ever play again i'll test this out. but i'm pretty sure it's been confirmed by others that you can get Ugetsu w/out Rita.
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

Rita might be the most annoying character in the game to get, i have beaten S4 about 5 times already, and i dont think u need rita to get ugetsu BUT what i can tell you is it takes forever for him to show up at the back of your boat, im not sure if sailing,amount of characters, or what triggers him to be there, try getting rita, and as many characters as u can, as well as sailing around the spot where he shows up at :) but i did notice you say you want to get the mermaids, i was so dissapointed when i found out u cant use any of the mermaids in battle i mean i think they would have made awesome fighters :( maybe even had some unique water-based runes.
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor
MermaidKasumi

Post by MermaidKasumi »

Where exactly does he show up? I just look by the trading post in Na-Nal right in front of you when you enter. It's a real shame you cant use them in battle when they had so much potential to be unique fighters. Look at Irenes from Chrono Cross she's freaking awesome and has a tail unlike the ones from Suikoden.
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

yeah def. just keep trying around na-nal, its got a low probability rate, but you will get him ;) oh man Irenes, give it up for the sirensong!! wooo! that is the best way to compare how the mermaids would be like in battle haha, you never know maybe in future games they will bring them back as playable characters, i mean, look at viki and jeanne, viki wasnt playable until Suikoden II and jeane wasnt until suikoden IV!
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

sounds like TrueWater00 is talking about Shiramine, not Ugetsu. Ugetsu is on the wooden planks between the trading post and water in Na-Nal's shore.
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

woops, ur right KF, my bad, yeah he is by the actual trading post inside na-nal :/
hotspot

Post by hotspot »

No, you deffinatley need rita in order to get ugestu, i had the same problem and once i got rita ugestsu was there. so i am 99% sure that in order to get ugestu you need rita first, i don't know why but it's always been like that for me.
"Every lie contains the truth, and every truth contains a lie..."~ Shu

Suiko-Kya-Cross
Forum about the Suikoden, Kya Dark Lineage and the Chrono games.
○♦•¤Suiko-Kya-Cross○♦•¤
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Either way, RitaPon is not that hard to learn and I find it to be quite fun to play, even if I don't remember all the terms. Basically, you have your tiles. They have the 4 colors: red, blue, green, and yellow. They are numbered 1, 2, 3 for each color. There are also the rune tiles: earth, wind, fire, water, and lightning. You want to make 3 sets. A set can consist of 3 of the same tile (ex. 3 blue-3's), a 1-2-3 set of a color, or all of the runes. When you draw a tile, you are required to discard one of your own, or the tile that you drew. When you are down to the last tile you need in order to win, you can call it (I forget the term) and after that point, you can only discard what you pick up. This will continue until either you win, or there are no more tiles left to draw. I hope this explanation helps. If you have any more questions about RitaPon, feel free to ask.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
MermaidKasumi

Post by MermaidKasumi »

Thanks to everyone for all the help!!
I've been trying to get Ugetsu after recruiting Elenor like 100 times to no avail! I think I really need Rita, so I have to get her down to how many points?
MermaidKasumi

Post by MermaidKasumi »

Okay today was my lucky day! Not only did I beat and recruit Rita but immediately after returning to Na-Nal Ugetsu showed up! I'm now convinced that you must recruit Rita before Ugetsu. I've recruited all the mermaids now! ^_^