Updating Equipiment VS Sharpining Weapons?

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
Jman

Updating Equipiment VS Sharpining Weapons?

Post by Jman »

Here is the deal. With all of the characters in the game and limited potch..how do you guys decide who to upgrade and buy equipment for and sharpen weapons for? Do you just do that only for your favorite characters or for almost anybody? I am just not sure how to do it..and always have been since the first suikoden. Thanks in advance. Oh..and is sharpining weapons more important than upgrading equipment? I've been doing both and it sucks my potch DRY even with the Prosperity Rune.
highwind44029

Re: Updating Equipiment VS Sharpining Weapons?

Post by highwind44029 »

Sharpening weapons is better in my opinion. You may get some equipment from netting, treasure hunting, tailoring, and dungeons, but there's only one way to sharpen weapons.

At the start, you're definitely going to have to pick people whose weapons you want to sharpen. If it's sucking you dry too much, you're better off opting for mages for the time being. It's kinda tricky though, because you have to get good equipment if you want to use these mages. In the early game, only Kate and Paula have decent enough speed, which I find is a very important stat in this game. The sooner you eliminate enemies, the less damage you'll take.
Antimatzist

Re: Updating Equipiment VS Sharpining Weapons?

Post by Antimatzist »

I would also recommend to sharpen your weapons first. It's imo better to go into the offense than into defense.