New Character List, Sneak Peek

Point out errors and hear of new features at http://www.suikosource.com
thcrock
Global Admin

New Character List, Sneak Peek

Post by thcrock »

edit: over 400 have now been added, thanks mostly to the hard work of ViktorFan, who is steamrolling through teh list addnig them.

I've been developing a new system for our character list, all database-controlled. Just thought I'd let everyone know whats up, so you aren't wondering whats going on behind closed doors.

It is still in the developmental stage, but the frame work is essentially done and now its just a matter of adding characters (the process of doing so is now much easier than before) The 'A' section is finished. You can see it here:

http://www.suikosource.com/chars/char_d ... ?char_id=1

That'll take you to the first entry (Abizboah), the rest of the section should be easy to find.

Any artwork of Suikoden 5 characters you see has come with the gracious permission of Basel, who spent a lot of time working with those pictures.

If anyone wants to help with the 'adding characters' part, PM me. Its not very hard, its just a web form.
Last edited by thcrock on Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

I like the new format but, shouldn't Ace's origin be Zexen?
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I think its a great idea!

it will be SO MUCH easier to find what character your looking for and we get a nice big picture in the process!

great idea KoRnholio :D
warmaster670

Post by warmaster670 »

looks wicked
Futch

Post by Futch »

umm, you forgot Addrienne
Everyone loves Dragons. Cause If they don't.... >;(
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

On Ace: Fixed his bio. I wasn't aware of his past until now.

On Adrienne: Well, thats cause S IV bios for A-D or so weren't written yet. I've decided to just write the missing ones myself as I'm going through the list, adding people. A and B are finished. I think I'll write ones for Rhapsodia as I'm going through, also.

I've gotten help from ViktorFan and Matt620. If you browse the characters, you'll see over 100 in total are finished right now, between the three of us. Hopefully in teh next few weeks, this project should be near completion, and then the character list will finally be worth its salt..
Reo
Elite Member

Post by Reo »

Hey, uh... I posted a while back about this, but I kind of did the same thing as a hobby project. I have functions for different kinds of displays, and have some character connections in the bios.

Take a look at this page and this page to see what I mean.

Anyway... if you want any assistance or anything, let me know. I'd be glad to help the site out in any way possible as a web programmer.

I also have bios done for all of the characters in Suikoden IV already, copied from the guide.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Well, your design looks good, but I think my simpler one works for the purposes of our character list better, partially how the picture is incorporated into your design (especially for characters like Viki who have 11 pictures, most of them not artwork).

I'll send you a PM soon, though. There's something I'm not sure how I'm going to go about doing in PHP.
Reo
Elite Member

Post by Reo »

Yeah, that design really only works with the concept art pictures because of the text wrapping.

I don't know how you go about becoming staff here, but I really would like to lend my skills if you could use them.