Old site + fuzzy memory = dumb questions

Point out errors and hear of new features at http://www.suikosource.com
hansel

Old site + fuzzy memory = dumb questions

Post by hansel »

I incorrectly posted this in a previous area. The thread was locked, but my question was never answered. Anyway, I will make a better effort to communicate in clear thoughts to mitigate any further misunderstandings.

I have been coming to this website for sometime. I know about the character lists, etc. I also know the suggested names for the heroes of the first two games. However... I remember there being a portion of the site available that listed the suggested "official" names for the hero, castle and army in Suikoden 1 and Suikoden 2. I also seem to remember there being information on Suikoden 3, though I'm not sure.

I realize the names exist in some format here and there around the website. My girlfriend is playing through the series for the first time and it had me curious as to what the "official" names were.

If I am incorrect, it might be a worthwhile section to add. From what I've gathered just looking around:

Suikoden One:

Hero: Tir
Castle: Toran

Suikoden Two:

Hero: Riou
Castle:
Army:

Suikoden Three:

Hero:
Castle: Budehec
Army:

Suikoden Four:

Hero:
Castle:
Army:

As you can see, there's quite a few I don't know. I really probably would never use the defaults for my game. I'm curious though. What I'm referencing may have been an old bboard post as well, but my search didn't turn up anything. In any regard, if anyone has any help, suggestions, links, or the like, I would be thankful.

Thank you.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

this has been discussed alot but since you asked so nicely...

suiko 1= tir mcdohl

suiko 2= Riou

suiko 3= you play as 3 heroe's and they all have there own names

suiko 4= Lazlo

suiko 5= prince---------------

ok so here's the deal....ALL the names are NOT official...konami recognizes every main character as...hero 1, hero 2 ect ect

what happened is that novels came out in japan and in these novels for suiko 1,suiko 2 and suiko 4 the heroes had those names{Tir,Riou,Lazlo} and so we the suiko fans make those*unofficial* novelization names...official{to us}

suiko 3 has 1 character{who is not 1 of the 3 heroes}that has no name but there has never been a suiko 3 novelization

suiko 5 does not have a novelization yet but the main hero is a prince and thats why he is called "prince"

bassically if the novel gives them a name then that name is what we call them
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

About Hero V's name. There are many threads about it. Here's one that leads to three others:

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=6631

Also, there is a search engine, if you typed such things as Hero Name Castle, and used the "search all terms" option you would get results without having to ask questions that have already been answered.

I am glad you are enjoying Suikosource.