Suikoden 3 : Magic Points Guide, additional info

Point out errors and hear of new features at http://www.suikosource.com
al

Suikoden 3 : Magic Points Guide, additional info

Post by al »

hello, i'm new here. registered pretty much just to post this;
at magic stat = 273 (also at 283) you get 9/9/7/5 magic points
this is where the info was requsted; http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs3/guides/mp.php
ie;
200 MGC - 9/8/5/3
220 MGC - 9/9/6/3
273 MGC - 9/9/7/5

also i have swinging 7 times (his speed is +200)

both those stats are like that b/c i used the cheesy stones+dying trick.
Last edited by al on Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

hey al, who is swinging 7 times?
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

I'm pretty sure that value would start at 255. I thought 255 was the 'natural' max, thus 9/9/7/5 would be the final one, starting at 255, or maybe 250 or so.

There's only 9/9/6/4 and possibly 9/9/7/4 inbetween my current values and 9/9/7/5, so it makes sense.

Thanks, though.
al

Post by al »

no shabon has a repel value of 530 (or something like that), so 255 is not the max (i thought that too when i approached it)

as for swings, sorry, i looked over my post twice, don't know how i missed it. it's juan. (who's also starting to teleport at times, rather than only running from enemy to enemy. he's only equiped with double-strike or fury rune with flame champion chris, so it's not some outside influence. ???)

also, the magic points is based on the base magic stat. ie; even with the wizard rune i get the same magic points (base magic = 283 or 400+ with wizard)
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Kornholio was saying the natural maximum is 255, so any additonal spell points, swings, etc probably stop occuring after this number--formulas are probably created using this maximum..

what do you mean he teleports--does he make a whoosh and blink animation or is it just that he is so fast the running animation occurs in a blink of an eye?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

well if you physically attack with some mages, they actually dissapear and re appear in front of the enemy, attack and then dissapear and re apear back in line

I think thats what he was refering too, I didnt know juan could teleport
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

The fact that the MP is as low as it is at 273/283 leads me to believe that the cap is 255, also. Only moving up a couple notches, with over 50 MGC growth? It just doesn't make much sense.

Also, I forget, but don't new MP only show up when you level up? Stat stones can affect perhaps the 'natural' MGC stat (aren't counted as items or Wizard rune), but I don't know if they will affect the MP until the character levels up. I know that happens in one of the games, forgetting if it was 3.
al

Post by al »

i leveled up without the wizard rune, got 9/9/7/5
i resest the game, put on the wizard rune, leveled up and got still got 9/9/7/5.

nei is already at level 60 or so, so gaining another level will require some work.
it is possible that 255 isn't that max, as going from 3 to 5 level 4 spells should take a bit of extra magic (0 to 2 is +60 magic minimum. 1 to 3 is +50 magic minimum).

i don't have a fortune rune and went to the Cyndar Ruins and didn't get it (maybe i sold it?)

KFCrispy, by teleport i mean he disappears and reappear in a different spot, i didn't notice any animation (like the blinking ruin or the Star Trek teleport). he just instantly goes from one spot to another. (i don't use mages so i don't know if it's like them. i've never seen Nei or anyone else teleport like juan)
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

temporary magic boosts will not affect spell points, it's based on the actual MAG stat. the thing is if you pump up MAG with stones, you won't see any changes in spell points unless you level up. if you are max level, you will not be able to level up

ok so Juan's speed is just probably so high the running animations are reduced to like .0000001 second, rounding to 0 or something... but he certainly doesn't teleport like Piccolo
i've seen characters just appear in front of enemies sometimes, but that's probably due to many factors of allies and enemies not acting any time in the near future (speed is probably relative to other speeds)
al

Post by al »

juan still usually runs, but sometimes teleports. i'm also guessing it's directly related to his speed.

with Nei, i also pumped her with stones, leveled up and recieved the extra spell points. since i just leveled her up it'll be a long long time until i get her to level 62 (i think she's at 61).
is the ceremonial site the best place for exp?

edit; tried juan again. i noticed he'll only teleport if he's a close distance from an enemy and kills him with 1 hit.
ie; 3 ghost armors.
he runs to the the first (30+ feet/10m) and kill him
runs to the next (only 10 feet or less/3m) and kills #2 with a single hit
teleports (instantly, no animation)
kills #3

his speed is 289. (forgot if he has holy dash)