Suikoden II: Recruitment Guide and Secrets Guide

Point out errors and hear of new features at http://www.suikosource.com
HolyPaladin

Suikoden II: Recruitment Guide and Secrets Guide

Post by HolyPaladin »

This is something that was talked about a year ago, but might be useful to the site.
HolyPaladin wrote:
Shirofan wrote:Er I think you mean Klaus.

Anyway, the trigger for the occupation of South Window and Radat is not the returning from the Toran Republic but the meeting that happens directly afterwards.

So after you return, probably using the Blinking Mirror, if you have enough recruits to bring your castle to level 3 then go directly to South Window and pick up Annallee; and Killey while you are at it.

If you go to that meeting then troops will block the entrance to South Window until after Luca is defeated.
Thanks for the help!

I have a few things to add, though. Once you meet with Lepant and get back to Banner, Apple and Ridley take you to HQ. You go to the meeting to acknowledge your return from Toran and then you're sent off to bed. During the night, you can talk to Shu OR Nanami and see the event between Flik and Nina. If you talked to Nanami during the night, she'll talk about last night and join your convoy. If you talked to Shu during the night, Apple will talk about last night and join your convoy. After all these events, you can then go to South Window and get both Annallee AND Killey BUT before going to the meeting to talk about Ridley's recon in Radat.
The point of this topic is that in the Recruitment Guide says that you have to wait until after you defeat Luca to get Annallee and Killey, but according the quote, it's possible to recruit both of them before fighting Luca.

This change would help with the Luca fight because you have more fighters to choose from (Killey), help you to rescue Ridley from the Radat Mission (Annallee), and recruit Bob without needing Mondo and Sasuke due to needing 80 recruits for Bob to join. Also, it affects the note that Lorelai must be recruited to get Killey because in your Secrets Guide it says that you can bring Killey to recruit Lorelai. I do remember after being told that I could recruit Killey before Luca that I was able to experience the Hidden Scene before fighting Luca.

Also, this topic affects the Secrets Guide as well. It says in the Secrets Guide that the player should "Talk to Shu first the night before your battle with Luca Blight. Your responses trigger an extra scene with Apple the next morning." The info in the quote might increase the understanding of the requirements for that Hidden Scene.

I hope this topic will be helpful to the site.

EDIT By Me: Edited for clarity's sake.
Last edited by HolyPaladin on Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Showcasing Q here because he's the man! 8) Er, robot. :oops: Wait, cyborg...? :? OK, just what is Q, anyway?!
Oh, and please call me Paladin for short.
eweller3488

Re: Suikoden II: Recruitment Guide and Secrets Guide

Post by eweller3488 »

I also discovered that with the leveling characters up to level 99, it also works to have the fortune rune on one person with Riou, go to Le'Renouille and fight six highland soldiers. They must be in level 39 in order for it to work and Riou can still be alive at the end of the fight. I noticed it said that everyone else in your party must die, but this seems like an easier approach at it. Of course there are the characters that can't wear the rune like Gadget, Feather, and any of the characters that have only one rune slot that is taken up by a rune they start with ie. Anita, Bob, Bolgan etc. I will come up with a complete list of who it won't work for if you would like for me. I am still in the middle of completing the process right now.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Suikoden II: Recruitment Guide and Secrets Guide

Post by KFCrispy »

thanks i'll look into this. i actually didn't know about that Nanami OR Apple thing....