Jillia Blight's birth in the timeline

Point out errors and hear of new features at http://www.suikosource.com
Eroschilles

Jillia Blight's birth in the timeline

Post by Eroschilles »

According to the timeline on the site, it says that the Highland Royal party was kidnapped in IS 443. That is when Sara was impregnated with Jillia. But it says that Jilla was born in IS 445. I believe the years are the same length as ours and their humans' gestation period is the same. So, it might be an error.
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

But perhaps she got impregnated late IS 443 and then gave birth early IS 445. I personally don't think it's an error - it is possible.
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

Luca and Sara were not rescued right away because of Agares Blight's weakness as Luca says.
Belle

Post by Belle »

True Wind Bearer wrote:But perhaps she got impregnated late IS 443 and then gave birth early IS 445. I personally don't think it's an error - it is possible.
Maybe for an elephant o.o;;

If they have our same calendar, then Sara would have to be pregnant for a minimum of twelve months and two days. (And as far as I know, that only happens on soap operas! :shock: )
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Sara Blight
Origin: Highland
Position: Queen
Events: None
Sara Blight was born of noble origin, and married Agares Blight as an arranged marriage. However, the two still loved each other more than people in many marriages which are not arranged. She bore Luca, their first son, in natural wedlock, however later she was raped by Muse ruffians and became pregnant. Her strong sense of motherhood caused her to not even consider getting an abortion after the rape, and Jillia was born.

http://www.suikosource.com/chars/list/s.php

i don't see what the problem is. she became pregnant sometime in IS 444.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

KFCrispy wrote:i don't see what the problem is. she became pregnant sometime in IS 444.
The problem is that there is nothing that says that she was pregnant in IS 444. We only know that she was kidnapped in IS 443, while Jillia was born in IS 445. Unless the rape occurred in IS 444 (we don't know this), the pregnancy length is indeed a problem.

And one thing to note is that we don't even know if a year in Suikoden World is equal to 12 months or not. And we also don't really know if the women in Suikoden World are pregnant for 9 months or not.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Well, our stance is that both of those facts have been given to us by Konami, and we won't attempt to dispute it, even if its impractical. How would we fix it? Assume that one of the dates is wrong and one is right? How do you decide which one?

They haven't explained that oddity yet, and might never do so. We just have to deal with it, rather than guess and pass our guess off as fact. We have more important things to focus our time on, as it is.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

One possibility (a strong one, in fact), is that people in Suikoden may already be 1 years old when they are born (a practice used in China today and was used by Japan until WWII). Suikosource's birth years (as well as in suikox) is simply calculated based on each characters age at their relevant plotlines and reversed it with the assumption that each characters were 0 years old when they were born.
Kirke

Post by Kirke »

That's a good theory, but isn't that backwards, SARSadmin? SII took place in IS 460, so Jillia was 15 (American age system) during the game. If they used the Chinese age system, that would suggest that saying she was 15 means she was 14 in the American system, which would mean she was actually born in 446, giving her mom a full TWO years of pregnancy.

Wow, she was young when she got married.