Nanami defense stat update (Rockaxe Liberation)

Point out errors and hear of new features at http://www.suikosource.com
Ced The Lad

Nanami defense stat update (Rockaxe Liberation)

Post by Ced The Lad »

Hello, I just wanted to call the attention to my post in the other thread regarding the defense statistic for Nanami in order to get the good ending. I believe this is very important because it effects the good ending, so please have a look through it.
I wrote:
Anyway, big update you guys. Red brang up the issue of whether or not she needed armor to stay alive. I decided to check up on this to play Suikoden 2 for old time's sake. Levelling up Nanami twice and using one stone, I brought her to a defense statistic of 121.

I discovered something interesting. Even though she was at the desired statistic, during the whole event with the three friends and Gorudo. she remained dead after all. (Huan did not bring Shu in) This changes what we know ever so slightly.

I'm going to go through a few more defense stats higher than 121 with no armor, and I will also compare those results with a file that has Nanami with a defense stat of 120 needing only once piece of armor (the control experiment) to bring it up to 121. I'll let you know how this goes in a bit.

Edit: Experiment (Remember that 121, is the needed statistic for defense)

Nanami defense 121 (no armor) = No event triggered
Nanami defense 122 (no armor) = No event triggered
Nanami defense 120 (plus one defensive point with the bandana) = Triggered event.

I will continue to go higher than 122 to see if anything works, but it looks like you MUST have at least ONE piece of armor on Nanami to save her after all. I'll know for sure later, but sorry for not completely exploring this event. This was a lot more complicated than I thought.

Someone remind me to try bringing her defense to 121 and equipping a medicine or food item to her. Perhaps this will work too.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

hmm this is still really up in the air. maybe i'll just link the suikosource info page to the sticky about it.