Suikoden Tactics Section Upgrade

Point out errors and hear of new features at http://www.suikosource.com
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Suikoden Tactics Section Upgrade

Post by Wolkendrache »

Hello Admins/Webmasters! Some weeks ago a member asked why the SIV section doesn’t have a certain section (memorable scenes iirc). An admin replied saying it’s just because no one has gathered the data. Instead of just asking why Suikoden Tactics doesn’t have certain sections, let me offer you the data right away.

- Runeslots and Magic Points Guide (Gameplay Guides section)
The data is taken from 3 sources: the walkthrough, my material about stat growth examination, and a thread about magic points.
ST_Runeslots.xlsx
- Weapon Growth Guide (Gameplay Guides section)
The data comes from Suikoden Tactics threads here, I just ordered it by weapon categories and tried to put it in a format similar to respective sections at suikosource:
ST_Weapon_Growth.xlsx
- Stat Growth Guide (Gameplay Guides section)
The data can be found in the OP document of the following thread (I can only attach 3 files here, sorry):
http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... 40&t=14125

- Stars of Destiny
In the respective sections for the main games characters are ordered by earliest option of recruitment. As for the Tactics Stars of Destiny section there are a lot of errors! I’ve actually opened a thread for this, but it had been completely ignored, so here we go again, the correct listing:
ST_Recruitment_Order.xlsx
Tactics is part of the Suikoden universe, and since it’s not “suikosource – your source for suikoden main games”, it’s not a bad idea to extend and correct the Tactics section and live up to your name. I really don’t expect changes by like the end of the week, but please don’t just ignore this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Wolkendrache on Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
Celes
Global Admin

Re: Suikoden Tactics Section Upgrade

Post by Celes »

Thanks for the contributions!

Is all of that your own work?
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

You’re welcome!

As for Runeslots and Weapon Growth Guides, I’ve mentioned where the data comes from (I could try to find the exact threads again). The data itself is only partly my own work. Anyway, it’s all from suikosource members. The Magic Points information is from Magus Eternal iirc. Searching the information and putting it all together in a way similar to respective suikosource gameplay guides (hoping to make it easier for you guys) is my work, of course.

The growth rate examination is basically my work, but I need to mention that I did not only use my own databases, but also 3 Lv50 databases from a Tactics thread to have more data for confirmation. Since you can’t figure out all the growth rates from Lv50 databases alone (some characters’ growth changes after certain levels), I played the game and wrote down all level-up gains for every character up to Lv50. That was the hardest and most important part.

The recruitment guide corrections are completely my work.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Starting with the Runeslots and Magic Points Guide I've got some questions:
  • The right rune slot is always either free from the beginning or comes with non-permanent rune attached?
  • "as for "Left Rune Slot", it depends on stats generation, but most likely available"
    What does this mean? Technically, the stat requirement exist nevertheless for all slots but the character starts with the required MAG due to his level by the time of the recruitement?
  • What is the purpose of the Magic Sword Use column?
  • Sometimes two MP are added at once, for example at 12 MAG. Is that correct or is something missing?
  • Is the MP Progression complete? Is it possible to reach more than 83 MP?
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

1. The only exception is Mitsuba who has a fixed rune attached to the right slot (Chameleon).
2. The game does not only generate Lv1 base stats, it will also generate all stats up to the level of recruitment. A good example here is Jewel who joins at Lv27 and has rank C in Skl, which means a growth of 1-2 (7% for the higher). So if you’re lucky she’ll join with Skl 30 or more, which means 2 free rune slots. I used the term “free” for those who will most likely start with a free left rune slot even though it’s mathematically possible that they don’t. You could as well replace it with “30 Skl/Mag” to make it more uniform.
3. Magic Sword is the 3rd level spell of any elemental sword rune. Basically that column tells you at which average level the character can use 3rd level spells. It doesn’t really have anything to do with rune slots. I think that information is useful/interesting for Tactics players, but it isn’t worth it to make a separate section imo, that’s why I added it here. I forgot about that, sorry. You could either just leave that column out, or if you add it, then it’s indeed a good idea to rename it into “average 3rd level spell opening level” or something like that.
4. Here is the thread:
http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... =40&t=5450
According to the poster it’s complete, because he said for example “MP 6-11 = 2/1/0/0”, then “MP 12-17 = 3/2/0/0” and so on, so every Mag/Skl value is covered.
5. You can get more than 83 Mag, but you’ll not gain any more MP. 9/6/5/3 is the max for mages and HeroIV, and 6/5/3/0 for fighters and support characters. This is also mentioned in that thread.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

I see. Thanks for the detailed explanations.

Could you please add the note to the Chameleon Rune then?
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Oh right, I forgot that. Checked the document again. I deleted the "extra rune" symbol behind the fixed runes. Fixed runes and extra runes are both available from the start (ignoring stat requirements) but extra runes are not fixed. Runeslot document in the OP is updated.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Great, keep it up!
I guess the Runeslot Guide comes next?
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Yes, for that I need of the character avatars used ingame. here is a sceenshot of bad quality: http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l ... mplete.jpg
I'm currently not capable of taking screenshots nor I have a game save with all characters in hand. Can someone help out here?
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

My PC is too old for the PS2 emulator to work, always played it on console. Maybe KFCrispy, Antimatzist, sticky-runes or gildedtalon can do that? Are you guys playing it on PC?

I wouldn’t mind to have a guide without pics, it’s still better than nothing. Or, is it possible to make a beta version with the option to attach the pics later?
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

I play on the emulator, but what exactly Am I supposed to do?
http://s3.postimg.org/50hebu8kz/Untitled.jpg
http://s12.postimg.org/cq4mfh8wr/Untitled1.jpg
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

How do I upload a folder? I have already taken all the screenshots of each character in the game
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

The overview on the equipment screen has very small versions of the avatars. You have taken screenshots of the larger versions?
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Yes, I already take screenshots of the larger versions. I have put them all into 1 folder. Everything is straight from print screen, no edit, no crop
Example
http://s7.postimg.org/ogvc079mh/akaghi.jpg

Oops, I just realized what you want is their in-battle version which shows more of the body