Hidden Comment Scene in S1

Point out errors and hear of new features at http://www.suikosource.com
User avatar
wataru14
Guide Writer
Posts: 497
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:37 am
Location: Long Island, New York

Hidden Comment Scene in S1

Postby wataru14 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:38 pm

I just found this today after playing the game again. In 16 years I had never noticed it before. Maybe we can add it to the "Secrets" section?

In Gregminster at the start of the game, if you talk to the shopkeeper in the hardware store with Gremio in the party, the shopkeeper will ask Gremio how the banquet was and will say that he will settle Gremio's tab after you get back. It's a cute little setup for Camille. The shopkeeper will only say this if you come to see him before going to see Kraze your first morning working for the Imperial Guard. I know he stops saying it and will only say "How do you do?" once Kanaan joins you, but I don't know the exact moment he stops saying it.

I will get his exact quote later tonight and also the exact moment he stops saying it.

User avatar
wataru14
Guide Writer
Posts: 497
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:37 am
Location: Long Island, New York

Re: Hidden Comment Scene in S1

Postby wataru14 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:38 am

"Gremio, how did yesterday's banquet go? I'll come and collect my bill at the end of the month as usual."

He says it up until you obtain the Astral Conclusions.

User avatar
sticky-runes
Posts: 1852
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:29 pm

Re: Hidden Comment Scene in S1

Postby sticky-runes » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:05 am

Unleash the She-Devil :twisted:

User avatar
wataru14
Guide Writer
Posts: 497
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:37 am
Location: Long Island, New York

Re: Hidden Comment Scene in S1

Postby wataru14 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:07 am

I also just found that if you talk to the hardware store owner in Rikon from the side instead of across the table, he says, "An old man named Liukan comes here just once a month. To shop." instead of opening the shopping menu.

User avatar
sticky-runes
Posts: 1852
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:29 pm

Re: Hidden Comment Scene in S1

Postby sticky-runes » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:14 am

the woman who runs the armoury in Rockland gives a different dialogue if you approach her behind the counter as well, but she just says "how about it, sir? I'll give you a good price" or something like that.

User avatar
Celes
Global Admin
Posts: 1383
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:25 pm

Re: Hidden Comment Scene in S1

Postby Celes » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:00 pm

Thanks! Added all 3 to the secrets section.

User avatar
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator
Posts: 1741
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Hidden Comment Scene in S1

Postby Sasarai10 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:59 pm

oh my...and i thought that dialogues were stable in S1. I'm gonna play it again sometime :|


by the way,here is another secret i discovered some months ago.

If you speak to Futch at the barn BEFORE meeting Kraze then you'll get an extra dialogue with Ted -if i remember corectly- :)

User avatar
wataru14
Guide Writer
Posts: 497
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:37 am
Location: Long Island, New York

Re: Hidden Comment Scene in S1

Postby wataru14 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:30 pm

Yes you do. He says something along the lines of "haven't you country bumpkins ever seen a dragon before?" and Ted starts to argue.

It's funny how he calls you bumpkins even though you were born and raised in the largest city in the country and he lives in a fort in a valley in the middle of the wilderness. Anyone know what he says in the Japanese version?

User avatar
BrucePrintscreen
Posts: 651
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:58 am

Re: Hidden Comment Scene in S1

Postby BrucePrintscreen » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:02 am

wataru14 wrote:Yes you do. He says something along the lines of "haven't you country bumpkins ever seen a dragon before?" and Ted starts to argue.

It's funny how he calls you bumpkins even though you were born and raised in the largest city in the country and he lives in a fort in a valley in the middle of the wilderness. Anyone know what he says in the Japanese version?


As William Durant wrote, "just like in an infinite universe any spot can be considered its centre, each nation and civilisation sees the world as turning around its own history". Therefore, Futch may see his fort and his valley as the pinnacle of civilisation and Gregminster as a messy hellhole filled with an uneducated crowd.

User avatar
wataru14
Guide Writer
Posts: 497
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:37 am
Location: Long Island, New York

Re: Hidden Comment Scene in S1

Postby wataru14 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:24 am

BrucePrintscreen wrote:As William Durant wrote, "just like in an infinite universe any spot can be considered its centre, each nation and civilisation sees the world as turning around its own history". Therefore, Futch may see his fort and his valley as the pinnacle of civilisation and Gregminster as a messy hellhole filled with an uneducated crowd.


Of course. That's obviously why Futch is acting the way he does in that scene. I just think the phrase "country bumpkins" is a liberal translation. I would guess what he meant is more along the lines of "haven't you hicks (meaning uncultured people) ever seen a dragon before?" and the translator chose a phrase that has more rural connotations than intended.

They guy in Gregminster City who complains about all the "country bumpkins" in the capital is spot on, though.

User avatar
BrucePrintscreen
Posts: 651
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:58 am

Re: Hidden Comment Scene in S1

Postby BrucePrintscreen » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:10 am

wataru14 wrote:
BrucePrintscreen wrote:As William Durant wrote, "just like in an infinite universe any spot can be considered its centre, each nation and civilisation sees the world as turning around its own history". Therefore, Futch may see his fort and his valley as the pinnacle of civilisation and Gregminster as a messy hellhole filled with an uneducated crowd.


Of course. That's obviously why Futch is acting the way he does in that scene. I just think the phrase "country bumpkins" is a liberal translation. I would guess what he meant is more along the lines of "haven't you hicks (meaning uncultured people) ever seen a dragon before?" and the translator chose a phrase that has more rural connotations than intended.

They guy in Gregminster City who complains about all the "country bumpkins" in the capital is spot on, though.


Oh okay I get your point then.

User avatar
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator
Posts: 1741
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Hidden Comment Scene in S1

Postby Sasarai10 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:36 pm

Another one that hasn't been mentioned yet...Black (Futch's Dragon) reacts differently depending from which side you are talking to him,when he is waiting in the barn along with Futch.

If you talk to him from the front he'll just growl
If you talk to him from the right he'll just open his mouth a little bit
If you talk to him from the left he'll have his mouth open wide
If you talk to him from the behind he'll stand in his 2 legs and pop out his wings


Also sometimes if you talk to him from the behind he'll make a little crouch

User avatar
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator
Posts: 1741
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Hidden Comment Scene in S1

Postby Sasarai10 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:23 pm

BTW,some more i discovered today

When you enter to Marie's inn during the time you work under Kraze you'll find 5 soldiers fighting about who is the best General....the guy who admires Teo will give you an extra comment if you talk to him first every time you enter the inn.

When you have Kanaan in convoy,if you speak to the old man sitting there he'll change his usual quote. Also the guy who teases Kanaan for being fat,he'll make another different comment if you speak to him when you have both Kanaan and the captured bandits in your convoy


Gosh,we won't stop discovering secret stuff for this game even if it's been around for almost 20 years :|

User avatar
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator
Posts: 1741
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Hidden Comment Scene in S1

Postby Sasarai10 » Sat May 03, 2014 6:36 pm

And YES another one hidden dialogue!!!!

If you speak to the armorer from the village of the Elves before the burndown,he'll provide different comments than the usual...which are ruder. for example instead of the "Which item are you selling?" the armorer of this shop will say "which piece of junk are you selling?" :lol: or when you leave the shop instead of "Thank You" he'll say "Beat it!"

KFCrispy
Global Admin
Posts: 5978
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:29 pm

Re: Hidden Comment Scene in S1

Postby KFCrispy » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:03 pm

everyone go replay Suikoden 1 and talk to every character from every angle!


Return to “Website Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests