Inaccurate secret?

Point out errors and hear of new features at http://www.suikosource.com
Celes
Global Admin

Re: Inaccurate secret?

Post by Celes »

You can still get another at Guardian Deity if you want, but yeah ... thats it.
Jocky

Post by Jocky »

Yeah but the Guardian Deity prize is a 1 off and is the only place 2 get such Runes as the Hunter, Prosperity & Fortune, so it's a HUGE decision when deciding what to accept as your prize!!
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

@Jocky Are you sure about this? I talked to her in FRONT of the desk and i obtained a Mother Earth Rune. Although chances are much lower,definetely not 60-70%. I'd say about 10% or so.

Every time i was trying to do this i was talking to her from both behind her and in front of the desk. The Rare Finds choice popped up to me after the 4th time i spoke to her in THIS trip to Gregminster.
Jocky

Post by Jocky »

Sasarai10 wrote:@Jocky Are you sure about this? I talked to her in FRONT of the desk and i obtained a Mother Earth Rune. Although chances are much lower,definitely not 60-70%. I'd say about 10% or so.

Every time i was trying to do this i was talking to her from both behind her and in front of the desk. The Rare Finds choice popped up to me after the 4th time i spoke to her in THIS trip to Gregminster.
I'm pretty sure about this Sasarai. I spent about 30 mins just loading a save I had in Gregminster, running over and talking to the Rune Shop owner from both sides, and then resetting it again. And on more than half of the occasions I would get at LEAST 1 instance of the Rare Find menu being open, either from the front or the back, and on a surprising number of occasions, both sides open. So I would definitely say the odds for this are at least 50%, if not more.
And just to make sure, I revisited Gregminster 4 or 5 times (in order to put McDohl back in my party after some story event had kicked him out!! Frustrating much?!?! :evil: ) and on each occasion, I saved, checked and reset for about 10 minutes just to verify, and to try and get the best combination. I must've ended up with 10+ of both the Flowing and M.Earth Runes! Way more than I ever needed anyway.

I have just thought though, that it's possible that it's different for other versions, I'm on PAL. Or maybe your odds are increased/decreased depending on your party's combined luck etc. I haven't investigated these possibilities to any major extent.

So I'd like to hear what everyone else's thoughts on this are! If you're playing S2 just now, if you can get to Gregminster and save. And then just try the Rune Shop glitch for 5 minutes and then tell me how you got on, what your version is and who you had with you or what your combined luck was then that would be appreciated so we can put a definitive answer to this. It would be a HUGE help guys, really!!

I will go and DL a save or 2 myself from here and try it with other games saves besides my own to see if there's any difference. :)
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

it sounds the Gregminster shop bug might actually mean there are 2 unique shops stored in the game with separately generated lists of Rare Finds! i wonder if that can actually be proven (*prays for code-god Pyriel to look into it*)