Zexen timeline error

Point out errors and hear of new features at http://www.suikosource.com
freshmetal

Zexen timeline error

Post by freshmetal »

So, I was just goofing around on the website and noticed a small error (unless I read something wrong)

The Timeline for Zexen reads:
420 - Zexen Established
422 - Brass Castle Completed
470 - Zexen 50th Ball
475 - Second Fire Bringer War

But the description for Zexen in the geography guide says:
"A mercantilistic nation that used to be a part of Grassland, but seceded from Grassland to form a new nation 20 years prior to Suikoden III."

That would be 455 going by my math. It should say "55 years prior to Suikoden III", right?
PSN: FreshMetal80
Aerolithe Lion

Re: Zexen timeline error

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

It was Zexen before the secession, just another grassland 'clan'. The secession was 't the invention of the Zexen territory, just the creation of the sovereign nation. Kind of like how Vermont existed before we seceded from Britain.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Probably true, but according to the more detailed timeline at Suikox:
Solar Year 420: Establishment of Zexen Confederacy
Merchants at Vinay Del Zexay establish the Zexen Federation, declaring themselves as a sovereign nation separate from the Grasslands.
Aerolithe Lion

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

That site is a little sketchy....

It's possible they just copied the timeline from this one and misinterpreted it. Otherwise, no idea.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Wouldn't call it scetchy, seen other people use it in the past, old trusted members that is.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

It's more detailed than this one. For some reason, the timeline here is reduced to essentially titles. It's generally OK, but in some cases the lack of supporting detail makes the entries open to interpretation. Plus, Suikox is BlueMoon's site. He either started, or helped start Suikosource, and was one of the main people translating magazines and getting information directly from Konami. There's a fair chance both timelines are at least partly his work.
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

BlueMoon = Vextor if I'm not mistaken.
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

EstrangedIX wrote:BlueMoon = Vextor if I'm not mistaken.
That is correct.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

The biggest problem is that Konami's timelines are sometimes inconsistent. Even based on Konami's information, it seems like Zexen is founded a number of times, along with the knights. The entire events of Rhapsodia and Suikoden 4 are also somewhat difficult to straighten out.

Most of the time, information on this site or Suikox is translated data from some official source-- but the source can be inconsistent. In such cases, there's really not much that can be done. As mere fans, we can't "fix" such inconsistencies.