S III stars page has no links?

Point out errors and hear of new features at http://www.suikosource.com
kenshindono

S III stars page has no links?

Post by kenshindono »

I just noticed something. The Suikoden III page for the stars of destiny does not have links to more info on the characters. 1, 2, 4, and 5 all provide links with pics and info on the characters. Are they just down or were they just not added for SIII? If so, why? I find it odd all the other games, even the cruddy 4, have info on the characters but 3 is blank
kenshindono

Re: S III stars page has no links?

Post by kenshindono »

hmm im trying to compile a list of character relations and am up to SIII. It kinda sucks i cant click on their names for more info when cross refrencing characters. Anyone know what the deal is with this and if it plans on being fixed? I'll have to use another cross refrence source with the gamefaqs faq for III it seems
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

That's a better list, but it's not the one linked to in the sidebar of the site. Here's what the Stars of Destiny link for Suikoden III goes to:
http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs3/stars/
Formerly known as: Gothann
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

I did that because the 'wiki-fied' version really has less information. Most characters just have one place you can recruit them, while the list linked to from the Suikoden III page (the manual version) has the first time you can recruit them for each chapter. The way the character and recruitment databases are constructed makes it very non-trivial to construct the Suikoden III guide with all of that chapter information. So I left in the manual version.
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

how did you even get that page celes? i see no link to it anywhere.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

The sod.php page is a template which generates the recruitment pages, based on character data in our database. This way, we don't have to rewrite the same layout every time.

For Suikoden 3 however, the link was replaced by one that goes to a page more detailed on when to recruit chars, since this game isn't as linear as the others.