Black Rune / Conquerer Rune

Point out errors and hear of new features at http://www.suikosource.com
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Black Rune / Conquerer Rune

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

The Runes listing refers to the Black Rune and the Conquerer Rune as two different runes, also as Black Rune being the child of the Conquerer rune.

These two are supposed to be the same rune, characters just call it "black rune" because they don't know what it is, so they go by it's look.

Suikosource True Rune section, of mistake runes:

In fact, the Conquerer Rune is merely the official name of the Black Rune, which Windy uses to control Kwanda Rosman and Milich Oppenheimer.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
27x4=108

Re: Black Rune / Conquerer Rune

Post by 27x4=108 »

Isnt the Black Runes child of the Conquerer that use Windy to control the ppl throught the Black runes?
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

The runes are mentioned within several events in S1. I don't find any information about the Black Rune beeing just a name. The Conquerer Rune is used to control the Black Runes given to Kwanda and Milich, yet failed on Kasim and Barbarossa. If both Black and Conquerer are the same, how does the magic work? By Windy's power alone?

At least I see no official statement telling us more about this. The true runes section is pretty old so I'll eventually remove that.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

If both Black and Conquerer are the same, how does the magic work? By Windy's power alone?
That would be the implication.

Windy is a powerful sorceress, she controls people who are given the Conquerer rune with her magic or some unknown method but all sources state that Conquerer and Black Runes are the same thing.

Aside from the True Runes section there's Gensopedia:
The rune is somewhat unusual in that when the bond between the sorceress or sorcerer controlling the rune and the rune bearers is severed, the rune will actually melt away, causing great pain to its bearers. This rune is also sometimes called the Black Rune due to its colouring.
http://gensopedia.duefiumi.com/index.ph ... Black_Rune

Suiko wiki also mentions it but it's basically just copied and pasted from suikosource.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:... all sources state that Conquerer and Black Runes are the same thing.
Well, who else does aside from the ones you listed? I think they may all be based on assumption (or copies), but then again, "my theory" is as well.

I'm open to any suggestions about the current entires.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

I wrote the original True Runes section so I can attest to it, but the Genso Suikoden Encyclopedia published by Konami explains that "Conquerer Rune" is the official name of the "Black Rune."
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

So then Windy gave them the Conquerer runes and told them that the runes were "Black runes" because she cant tell them that she was trying to control them with the Conquerer, right?

But I dont understand how she controlls them yet.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Let me check the encyclopedia once I get home
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Maybe she just gave them runes, said they'd get more powers. They'd be like "Cool, i'm gonna use this Black rune, wait, what was the name of the Rune? She didn't say? I'll just call it Black Rune then, lalalala."
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

Hirathien wrote:Maybe she just gave them runes, said they'd get more powers. They'd be like "Cool, i'm gonna use this Black rune, wait, what was the name of the Rune? She didn't say? I'll just call it Black Rune then, lalalala."
I meant:

Windy: take that Kwanda, is a Black rune, it will make you even more powerfull
Kwanda: ok, thx, bye

Windy: muhahaha, he didnt know it is a Conquerer rune ( fwooosh! "uses his powers to control Kwanda" )

xD
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

I checked the encyclopedia, and it says:

"Conqueror Rune: Also known as Black Rune."

Apparently, the rune is never attached to Windy herself, but she can control whomever she gives the rune to. How is this done? Must be magic!
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

I have merged both entires now, like I did for many other runes. Thanks for the corrections!