Miscellaneous errors

Point out errors and hear of new features at http://www.suikosource.com
Jocky

Re: Miscellaneous errors

Post by Jocky »

Yeah, I think its maybe just a typo. You have to have Milich recruited before Ivanov will join you, but not actually IN your party.
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

Jocky wrote:Yeah, I think its maybe just a typo. You have to have Milich recruited before Ivanov will join you, but not actually IN your party.
Yes this is accurate.
ABackdatedFuture

Post by ABackdatedFuture »

Thanks for the corrections! :)
Ramza

Post by Ramza »

Looks like my corrections never were made on the site proper. Can someone please take care of them? (Suikogaidens 1 and 2)
AlOnZo

Post by AlOnZo »

Not really an error just a missing quote from the Teo and Pahn duel:

"Now that I've seen what you've got, I'll show you what I can do."

Followed by a Desperate Attack. Why, Teo, whyyyyy?!
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

I'm pretty sure the old duel guides were just written down through normal gameplay, we really should datamine them cause I'm positive some lines are missing for most duels.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
AlOnZo

Post by AlOnZo »

Should point out that it also applies to the fight with Tir.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Suikodn IV recruitment list:

If you didn't recruit Adrienne in Obel, you can recruit her in Middleport later if you bring her the Silver Hammer.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Jocky wrote:Yeah, I think its maybe just a typo. You have to have Milich recruited before Ivanov will join you, but not actually IN your party.

You can still recruit Ivanov even if you kill Milich or decline his offer to join your army. It's Kasios who can't be recruited without Milich. Ivanov doesn't give a f#ck what you do with Milich after you take Scarleticia, as long as he gets his freedom.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

I almost got a heart attack the past week when I tried to enter and the website had dissapeared. Glad to see everything is ok
Omnigamer

Post by Omnigamer »

I have some corrections/additions for Suikoden II's Damage Equations in the In-Depth Guides.

CORRECTION:
Critical Hits
Actual formula is:
(TECH+(LUCK/2))/16 = Critical Hit percentage

ADDITIONS:
Hit Chance:

(Attacker TECH - (Defender SPEED - 80) + HitBonus) = Hit%
*Note: Bounded between 100% and 35%, ie you always have at least 35% chance to hit. HitBonus refers to items like Thunder God Garb and Thunder Amulet which raise Hit, but not TECH.

War Battle Technique Hit Rate:
Fire Spears: 50% chance to hit per target
Adlai's Explosion: 50% chance to hit per target
Luc's Wind Magic: 30% chance to hit
Jeane's Lightning: 2 distinct 30% chances to hit
*Note: None of the above are affected by Atk or Def values at all.

I verified each of the above through checking the game's code. I don't know what Mazus's Fire Magic hit chance is since I didn't have him available during testing.

SECRETS Correction:
The Suikoden II "Armor Swapping" bug should be removed since the instructions to reproduce it are impossible and as of yet nobody has reported a successful method to use it. If nothing else, it should at least be labeled as "Bogus" or something along those lines.
Last edited by Omnigamer on Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ABackdatedFuture

Post by ABackdatedFuture »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:I'm pretty sure the old duel guides were just written down through normal gameplay, we really should datamine them cause I'm positive some lines are missing for most duels.
I just checked out the guides for 1 & 2, and yeah, they probably should be replaced. I wouldn't worry about datamining them unless it's easy to find; I spent at least 10 hours on both Suikoden I & II and I'm 99% sure I have all of them in my guide. (Minus the one someone brought up to me not too long ago.)
KnightOfTruth

Post by KnightOfTruth »

Might be a mistake on my part, but this looks to be an error on the Suikoden timeline located here: http://www.suikosource.com/history/timeline/
340 - Crowley and Mazus Duel
345: Births - Crowley
374: Births - Mazus
Do Crowley and Mazus duel before they're born? Or am I reading this backwards? Cuz if so, then the "Fire Bringer War" entries would be off. :-/ ?
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

They both resurrected at some point after their initial duel. It's not clear why or how, but it probably has something to do with the number of runes they used and they ways they were exploring magic.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Then 345 and 374 should be marked as their RE-birth, because their birthdates seem to be unknown. What's the source of that duel date anyway?

More stuff for completion: In the geography section there are no entries for Drakemouth (S2; Dunan) and Terana Plains (Tactics; Kooluk).
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan