Miscellaneous errors

Point out errors and hear of new features at http://www.suikosource.com
Ramza

Re: Miscellaneous errors

Post by Ramza »

Hi all,

My first post here. I'm trying to conquer the Suikoden series, and I was delighted to see the fan-translation patches for Suikogaidens finished this year.

I'm here to report an error in the CG completion guide for Suikogaiden 1...

http://www.suikosource.com/games/gaiden1/guides/cg.php

CG art #14, in scene 8A (confronting Ayana), the guide says that CG art 14 is unlocked by choosing "Help her..." -- but that's the wrong choice, it does not unlock any art. I didn't realize this when I did a playthrough and basically wasted a whole playthrough when trying to complete my CG collection (when you make all luck-earning decisions and then blow 4 or 5 points all in ch.1, there's not much else you CAN do in terms of the bonus ending art unlocks...).

So if someone could please fix this, the correct choice to unlock this art is "I can't allow myself to be careless." (Luck -1). You need to save up all five possible luck points before going in to get this art (including a luck point by tipping the bathtub and, once again, calling Sierra an old bat when she refuses to help). :)

Thank you!!

Ramza

EDIT --

I'd also like to fix a vague statement in the flow chart. Episode 2, scene 2...

http://www.suikosource.com/games/gaiden ... s/flow.php

2. Streets of Muse
I'll continue my stroll along the main street. Luck -3
Companion +1
(Popularity = 3 or more: Annallee)
(Popularity = 3 or less: Hauser & Luck +1) If Annellee to 3.
If Hauser to 4.

This doesn't tell me where the cutoff is to get Annallee or Hauser. Considering you need Annallee to get the "Secrets" ending CG, and it's extremely hard to balance Luck and Popularity points up to that point in the game to have what you need, it's important to know! I just arrived at this point with exactly 3 popularity, and I got Annallee. So the walkthrough should be amended to say "Popularity = 2 or less: Hauser" (or "Popularity less than 3" however you want to phrase it)

Thanks again!
Ramza

Post by Ramza »

Sorry for double-post. I'll be posting errors for Suikogaiden 2 flowchart and cg guide here. Here's the first one I found, in flowchart, episode 2 scene 11 "The Garden"

http://www.suikosource.com/games/gaiden ... s/flow.php

11. The Garden
Pass through the inner gate and go further in. To 16.
Enter the door of the building straight ahead. To 12.

You don't go to 16 if you pass the inner gate. You go straight to 17 and you miss a shot at a luck point (a crucial one at that, if you want the Viki path for episode 3). I believe to reach 16 you either have to give the Kobold ham and go through room 116 (which will result in a missed luck point) or you have to enter 104 or 109 at scene 12 to get an item with which to throw at Wang, netting the 10th luck point.

(this is assuming end of ep2 doesnt' just give you a luck point... I think end of ep1 didn't give one. I haven't gotten that far. But I'm sure my correction above is true because I witnessed it firsthand ... it went straight to dialogue choice 17).

EDIT -- essentially, the scene 16 choice does not exist if you don't go through door 104 or 109 in scene 12. So for any and all paths that either don't have scene 12, or require going through 116 at scene 12, you do not get 16. You get 17. So for both choices at 15. Aisha, the next scene *will* be 17, not 16. This needs to be revised. The same is true for 14. Doctor's Office, choice "I'm dead tired" should take you straight to 17.

MINOR TYPO -- episode 1 scene 3,

3. Knife Throwing
Don't move. Popularity +1 To 2

You don't go back to 2. You go forward to 4 no matter what option you choose.
Ramza

Post by Ramza »

TRIPLE POST!

Okay, I've wrapped up Suikogaiden II. For those of you who worked on the translation: GREAT JOB.

Here are the final edits I think should be made.

For the CG Guide...

#064 Scene 8A Choose "I'm gonna have to go with Futch..."

Nope. None of that art requires choosing to go with Futch. You don't need to earn the 9 secret points. You can simply finish episode 3 (dragon path, not Viki path) and get all of this art. In going for a max popularity run, you already get this art. The only really exclusive art comes from having the 9 secret points *and* the 9 Luck points, where you are able to take down the dragon yourself with Grosser Fluss.

Furthermore, maybe noted in Secrets or perhaps at the intro notes of the CG Guide...

Unlike in Suikogaiden 1, where the 138 images are all there is ... once you hit 100% CG with Suikogaiden 2, the CG gallery expands drastically. Alongside the original 104 images, another 240 images unlock (for a total of 344). These other images are *all* the characters with their pose variants offered, something I wish Suikogaiden 1 would've had in their CG gallery. They put all the characters against the "Viki's home" background.

I think that's everything then. I'm so very thankful to everyone who worked on getting these fan translations together. REALLY appreciated!

Ramza
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Another thing that i noticed:

http://www.suikosource.com/games/sod.php?pf=S2

Here it mentions that Sasuke joins with Mondo,but that's not true at all. He'll join along with Mondo only if you haven't recruited Kasumi. If you go with Kasumi and speak to Hanzo only Mondo will join,and in order to recruit Sasuke you have to speak with him outside the trading post,with Kasumi in your active party. So they can join seperately in this case.
Jocky

Post by Jocky »

Sasarai10 wrote:Here it mentions that Sasuke joins with Mondo,but that's not true at all. He'll join along with Mondo only if you haven't recruited Kasumi. If you go with Kasumi and speak to Hanzo only Mondo will join,and in order to recruit Sasuke you have to speak with him outside the trading post,with Kasumi in your active party. So they can join seperately in this case.
Yeah I remember this scene. If you've got Kasumi with you when you enter Rokakku then you're taken to the Village Chief's HQ to ask why you're there. And after some dialogue, when Mondo and Sasuke are both ordered to join, Mondo makes some remark about how Sasuke will be happy being alongside Kasumi again and he get's all flustered and embarrassed and does a disappearing act. But he can then be found outside the trading post immediately after, and once spoken to, tags along. But I've never tried to leave the village without speaking to him, so I don't know if he is still treated as recruited whether you speak to him or not and the extra few lines of dialogue are just an little insight into Kasumi's world or, whether they are necessary in order for him to actually BE recruited.

Can anyone completely confirm or deny this?
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

No if you won't speak to him,he won't join you :)
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Some fixes made.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Suikoden 3 recruitment guide also did not mention that you should talk to Watari at HQ first before going all the way into the Northern Cavern to recruit Ayame. I fell victim to that.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

I don't know if this is the right place to give this info and what you can do with it, but well, here you go:

I played S1 on a European version, and then S2 on an American version. It didn't want to load my S1 game at the start of S2. It said there were no S1 saved game in the memory card.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

BrucePrintscreen wrote:I don't know if this is the right place to give this info and what you can do with it, but well, here you go:

I played S1 on a European version, and then S2 on an American version. It didn't want to load my S1 game at the start of S2. It said there were no S1 saved game in the memory card.

Simply because they were different versions....they mustn't be different 8)
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

It can't hurt to mention it, I guess.

Playstation saves of all types use the serial number Sony issues to manage the data. Since the serial number is issued per game per region (at minimum), saves for the same game in different countries are usually at least superficially different because the U.S. game will look for BA-SLUS20294, and the UK version will have BA-SLES00245. (Those serial numbers are just random.) In the case of Suikoden, that's the only real difference I know of. If you can modify the serial number, the save can be recognized by versions from other regions. Of course, if you go from Western to Japanese, or vice versa, you'll have trouble with character names because of the different text encoding.
BrucePrintscreen

Pyriel wrote:It can't hurt to mention it, I guess.

Playstation saves of all types use the serial number Sony issues to manage the data. Since the serial number is issued per game per region (at minimum), saves for the same game in different countries are usually at least superficially different because the U.S. game will look for BA-SLUS20294, and the UK version will have BA-SLES00245. (Those serial numbers are just random.) In the case of Suikoden, that's the only real difference I know of. If you can modify the serial number, the save can be recognized by versions from other regions. Of course, if you go from Western to Japanese, or vice versa, you'll have trouble with character names because of the different text encoding.

Well I am in fact using a European Playstation with a chip that make it able to read also American games. The memory card I think is European too, but the American game can save on it. Sadly, I doubt I could find a way to go change the number you're talking about. Oh well, it's not too important, Flik & Viktor will be level 20 instead of 61, that's just one more challenge :)

I just mentioned this as a token information you can put somewhere, in case someone in a similar situation asks for this information.
Jocky

Post by Jocky »

If your playstation is chipped then it can probably read writeable cd/dvds in which case you could mod the memory card with MCBoot and then swap out your save onto a usb stick and then put it into your PC and change the save from SLUS to SLES. It's easy done. If you just google ps2 mcboot guide, it'll tell you how to do it. That way you get to transfer over your own hard earned save, which is what I had to do with my PAL save for the NTSC Suikoden 3. :)
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

You can fix it that way, but my explanation of the problem was just a general statement of why the problem exists. Konami had no reason to expect people to be (legally) playing sequels from different regions, so the games only look for directory names of predecessors from the same region during the import. If you know how saves are structured, then you realize there's no reason to even expect it to work. This applies all the way up the chain. US versions of Rhapsodia wouldn't be able to load a Japanese Suikoden IV save. And if 6 ever comes out, has Lymsleia as a protagonist, and allows you to import from 5, the US version wouldn't recognize saves from the EU. Of course, 6 would probably end up on a console that has no backwards compatibility anyway, so it would be a vain hope from the start. Although, it's still less in vain than hoping for 6 to come out, I guess.
BrucePrintscreen

Thanks for the infos guys :)

Another thing: I saw on the walkthrough of S1 it is written that to recruit Ivanov you must have Milich in your team, but it's wrong, you don't need anyone special in your team.