Miscellaneous errors

Point out errors and hear of new features at http://www.suikosource.com
BlueMage279

Re: Miscellaneous errors

Post by BlueMage279 »

In History: Geography Guide: Dunan, there seems to be a sentence fragment that just trails off near the top:

"Dunan
Dunan is a temperate region situated north of Toran and East of the Grasslands. Northern Dunan is occupied by the Highland Kingdom, which has the Holy Kingdom of Harmonia as its northern neighbor. The City-States of Jowston"

Then it just goes into the next paragraph.
BlueMage279

Post by BlueMage279 »

On the character page for Sarah the laundry girl, the first thumbnail is that of Sarah the Sorceress from S3 (though the thumb does take you to the correct picture of laundry girl Sarah).
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

BlueMage279 wrote:In the Rune Affinities page for S2, is it a typo when it says that E affinity yields 20% MORE damage? Or is that actually true?
Not sure about that. Can someone confirm this?
BlueMage279 wrote:In History: Geography Guide: Dunan, there seems to be a sentence fragment that just trails off near the top:

"Dunan
Dunan is a temperate region situated north of Toran and East of the Grasslands. Northern Dunan is occupied by the Highland Kingdom, which has the Holy Kingdom of Harmonia as its northern neighbor. The City-States of Jowston"

Then it just goes into the next paragraph.
Fixed.
BlueMage279 wrote:On the character page for Sarah the laundry girl, the first thumbnail is that of Sarah the Sorceress from S3 (though the thumb does take you to the correct picture of laundry girl Sarah).
Fixed.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yeah an E affinity increases damage but also has the high chance for backfire. i confirmed it when learning about the elemental affinities behind the Blue Gate Rune spells--I had to use that info to find out what spell corresponded to each element.
BlueMage279

Post by BlueMage279 »

In S2, Robe of Mist can also be found as a rare find in Rockaxe post-liberation. The Armor List says it's only found as a treasure and GD prize.

Same page, Wooden Shoes are misspelled as "Wodden Shoes."
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

BlueMage279 wrote:In S2, Robe of Mist can also be found as a rare find in Rockaxe post-liberation. The Armor List says it's only found as a treasure and GD prize.
Mmmh, never heard of this one. Can anyone confirm this?
BlueMage279 wrote:Same page, Wooden Shoes are misspelled as "Wodden Shoes."
Fixed.
BlueMage279

Post by BlueMage279 »

Here's a pic. I took it of my TV with my phone so the quality isn't top-notch.

http://i41.tinypic.com/34f0k7b.jpg
BlueMage279

Post by BlueMage279 »

Interestingly, I just saw that the Items List on gamefaqs also mentions it.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/198844-suikoden-ii/faqs/7613
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Thank you. Fixed!
BlueMage279

Post by BlueMage279 »

Hey Celes, it looks like you updated the info for Dream Robe by mistake :p.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Lol, I never got the dream robe on suikoden 3. it's the only item I never have on my completionist game
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Huh!?

Fixed again :)
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

If you miss Alhazred's first event in Rainwall you can trigger it at the Trade shop in Estrise's port instead when you're about to go to Nirva for the first time, probably even sooner but that's when I saw it. There's no note of this in our recruitment guides, it gives the impression you can't get him if you miss him in Rainwall.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

There are some mistakes in S4,recruitment guide too,as i've noticed.

Cedric,can be recruited in an alternative way,during evacuating the citizens of Obel. I don't remember in which spot can be found,but i'm sure about that,because 7 years ago,when i first played this game,i recruited him with this way. I think he is next to Obel's inn (if someone remembers the actual spot,please note it). Plus Yu is a non-optional character,because you must recruit him,in order to proceed.

Lilon will call you when you enter in Nest of Pirates,via ship,not just sailing around near that area.

And last,i have a suspicion that Helmut is an optional character and he can be excecuted after defeating him,if you choose the 2nd choice. I never tried it though,so please confirm this.

PS: Off-topic,but does anybody have the link of Blumage279's avatar? If so,send me a PM
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Generally "I think I did this 7 years ago" is not valid information for us to change anything, and Yu is listed as mandatory to proceeding already, but he's not an automatic recruit.

Helmut can indeed be executed and should therefor be an optional.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.