Suikosource Software

Point out errors and hear of new features at http://www.suikosource.com
Captain Tenneal

Suikosource Software

Post by Captain Tenneal »

Hi,

I was wondering what software is used to upload/organize the articles that are found on the main suikosource site? I think the presentation is really good and I'm looking for a solution for my own site that isn't so cluttered or overbearing like mediaWiki (we currently use this and it's just too much for what we use it for) or the larger CMS packages. Thanks,

Travis
Vextor
Global Admin

Re: Suikosource Software

Post by Vextor »

The site isn't really based on any single software. A lot of the code has been developed by admins themselves, although we do use a heavily customized b2evolution for the front page (only for the "news).
Captain Tenneal

I see. Am I right that coding on the back end is required when submitting articles?

Thanks for the response.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Nope, articles can be submitted via an interface that we created ourselves (which only admins can access). No extra coding necessary. It'd be way to inefficient to code every article into the site (although we used to do that).
Captain Tenneal

Interesting. Would you be able to reference me to something that would show how to make something like that? (general concepts, the actual coding isn't an issue). Or would you be willing to discuss it briefly over pm or chat? Thanks for the help,

Travis
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

You just need to know enough about PHP and SQL. Of course, it's not something you can learn overnight.
Captain Tenneal

I know a little about php and mysql, I was more interested in the concepts themselves. I did find a program (finally) that pretty much does what I want with a few perks. Thanks for the help though.