memories while playing suikoden

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Night Shadow

memories while playing suikoden

Post by Night Shadow »

woah...its been hell of a long time since i was last here...i started going to suikosource when i was 11. i registered when i was 13..now im 17. ^_^ lolz...nyway. welcome me back. hehe...

so i was thinking about suikoden, and i noticed how its been a game thats really influenced my life in many ways...and i guess that's why it's my favorite game at the same time. since i started playing the game when i was 9, ive come up with ton of nostaglic moments while playing suikoden that makes me reminisce every now and then...so thats the topic! post moments while suikoden was in your life that you'll never forget...so lemme give you an example, and ill start.

i was having my "nth" playthrough of suikoden 2 when i was still in 2nd year high school (i was 14 then). a few nights before my quarterly exam, i was playing tony's whack a mole game...my two older sisters were at the back, doing their own business (if i remember, one was reading...). from time to time, they would look at me play. after a few minutes, my older sister suddenly came near me and said "that looks like fun. can i try?"...since my sisters arent really gamers and i wanted them to actually be a little interested in games, i happily handed the controller to her. a few minutes later, my other sister joined in...for around an hour, we took turns playing whack a mole...my other sister actually shouted and got mad at me whenever i accidentaly hit the head of those good moles...^_^ it was so fun to have them with me. the next day, after i got home from my exam (around 3 p.m.), as soon as i opened the door, my sister pulled me in and brought me to our living room. they apparently loaded my file and started roaming around my castle. they showed me how good they had gotten in fishing...^_^ it was fun to see them so emerged in one of my fav games...so thats it i guess...

any other stories? ill post more when i have time.
‎"...Or else, it is the dream that haunts you. You wait with the promise of the next dream...when the act of waiting is dependent on remembering."
Chris_Lightfellow

Re: memories while playing suikoden

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

We got Suikoden when I was about 9 years old. We didn't have a memory card then, so we got stuck playing the beginning of the game over and over again. We were pretty dumb back then and it took us a while to figure out where the barn that Futch was waiting at was. XD After that, I think we were able to get to the part where Tir gets the SE and that was about it. It really sucked not having a memory card.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Hm.. can't exactly remember the time I got addicted to S2 but if I recall correctly, i was 8 yrs. old.. My older brothers are the first ones to play it..I remember laughing at the name "Apple".. then my brother got mad,chased me,teased me things.. They didn't like Suikoden II then since I started to play it over and over again.. dunnow why.
Now I'm 14, they've never expressed interest in other Suiko games while I do the opposite.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
amelia108

Post by amelia108 »

I always showed an interest in RPGs when I was younger and would watch my older brother play FF3 (6) and Chrono Trigger all the time. Finally I think I got old enough to not "screw everything up" and we shared a save file on Suikoden and would tell eachother about what we'd accomplished in our play if we weren't there at the sametime. I very much just remember it as a bonding with my brother. He's only since played a couple of hours of Suikoden II and no others though. But he asks me about the series still every once and awhile.
darkphoenix

Post by darkphoenix »

Suikoden V was released the week before I left France to Ireland. I actually started playing the game in a country foreign to me, no place of my own, no job, nothing secure for the future. I ended up working in a video game shop 2 weeks after that and of course selling Suikoden V games, which is somehow ironic. Now that I look back to it, I'm almost sure that at some stage I told myself something like, "If Frey, Tir and Riou made it, I dont see why I would fail".

Suikoden 2 reminds me of my last year at high school, I was playing it during the exams. And I was playing Suikoden IV during a work experience in a tourist office, I remember driving home every lunch time to play the game, even for half an hour.
Bernadette Egan

Post by Bernadette Egan »

I used to always watch my older brother play video games on his playstation. I was probably around 10 or 11, maybe. I'm not really sure. Some games I remember watching him play was Resident Evil and Legend of Legaia..... and then Suikoden. He actually borrowed Suikoden from a friend. I remember seeing Valeria saying something in the castle about blood or something. After a while, I wanted to try to play it, too. I tried playing the other games as well.
But Suikoden just stuck with me. I must have really liked it.... and my brother's friend never got the game back. xD (My nephew ended up breaking it and I bought another one from ebay) Oh, and my brother only played the first installment. I want him to play the others.
Right now my friend has the first one. I let her borrow it because I want more people to play it. But I miss it... T_T
Mustang

First Encounter

Post by Mustang »

My home was locked at that time, so I went to my cousin's house in the neighborhood. There his sister was playing Suikoden 2, fighting a certain boss which pawned her several times. Guess who is the boss.

She still trying when finally it's time to go home. The personality and the power the boss shown give a memorable experience. So when I have my own PS1, you know what I played.
Runemaster

Re: First Encounter

Post by Runemaster »

Mustang wrote:My home was locked at that time, so I went to my cousin's house in the neighborhood. There his sister was playing Suikoden 2, fighting a certain boss which pawned her several times. Guess who is the boss.
Luca Blight!
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Michael Easton

Post by Michael Easton »

I'll never forget the one time when playing Suikoden late at night and discovering for the first time that there was a problem with my copy of the game, which wouldn't load save games after a certain point. When the game froze I screamed in anger at the screen, waking everybody in the house up.

Luckily, I have a history of shouting random crap in my sleep, so I decided to pass this off as one of those episodes the next morning.