Post Your Picture!

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
LucMcDohl

Re: Post Your Picture!

Post by LucMcDohl »

http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 68&t=12440

I suck at responding to things......
Night Shadow

Post by Night Shadow »

awww, that's fine. your tattoos look awesomely cool! i bet you look totally bad ass when people see your two arms. ^_^
‎"...Or else, it is the dream that haunts you. You wait with the promise of the next dream...when the act of waiting is dependent on remembering."
LucMcDohl

Post by LucMcDohl »

If only I had bigger guns, they would be displayed on a regular basis.

I mostly got them for my own personal satisfaction, but they are really fun to show off.

SERIES SPOILERS

The Soul Eater reminds me to be weary of the fact that people might leave me at any time.

The True Wind Rune is there to remind me suicide is not the answer (because some punk kid and his griffon might come and kick my ass if I try anything stupid.)

And the Rune of Punishment is there to remind me that every action has a consequence.

I plan on finishing the elemental runes in a pentagon formation like they are in S3's final battle (and in doing that, each rune will be adjacent to the other two runes it can do a combo spell with... neat) and in the middle of that will be the Rune of Beginning. Beast Rune is going over the True Water Rune and Blue Moon Rune is going over the True Earth Rune (I figure putting two yellow/brown/gold runes right next to each other and putting two blue runes next to each other wouldn't look right.) I'm still not sure where to go with the Gate Rune and the Dragon Rune, and I'm not sure if my tattoo artist is skilled enough to do the Sun Rune justice but........ I really want it still.

END SPOILERS
Night Shadow

Post by Night Shadow »

which makes me wonder, have you ever met some people or made friends with someone who noticed your suikoden tattoos and shared his/her love of the game?

well, that makes good sense. at least all the tattoos you're getting mean something to you.

oh my, you're going all out, aren't you? this is getting me stoked. haha. i don't even remember seeing pictures of the gate rune though. take pictures once you do get the tattoos! and you might want to leave some space just in case konami decides to send us a suikoden 6. =)

i was thinking of asking this artist friend of mine to come over to my house and paint my room. we talked about it a bit, and he agreed to make a legend of zelda link mural on one side. then, this got me thinking of something suikoden related. looking at your tattoos, i think the soul eater would fit nicely somewhere on my wall. hugo has always been one of my favorite heroes, though, so perhaps a montage of him, sgt. joe, and fubar? haha,
‎"...Or else, it is the dream that haunts you. You wait with the promise of the next dream...when the act of waiting is dependent on remembering."
LucMcDohl

Post by LucMcDohl »

Its rather ambitious and there's no way I'm going to have the cash to pull that off any time soon, but at the very least I'm getting the Rune of Beginning upon finding new employment in the near future. I like having reasoning behind the ink rather than just saying "OOH THAT LOOKS BADASS LET'S COLOR IT ON MY SKIN FOR FOREVER!" The True Lightning Rune would probably be my next since I want to fill up all three third of my back... if that makes any sense. True Fire could just as easily be next but I already have two red-orange tats (three upon getting the RoB) so some different coloring would be good.

I'm pretty sure a mural of Magus attacking Lavos would be infinitely cooler but I guess a Link mural would be pretty neat too.

S3 SPOILERS

I can't really think of a super epic Hugo moment... oh wait fighting the True Fire Rune Incarnation would look pretty sick (your artist can take it straight from the opening animated movie.)

Or the scene where you confront Luc in the black and white world? Of course I would want any form of Luc immortalized somewhere... even if its not in my near vicinity.

END SPOILERS
LucMcDohl

Post by LucMcDohl »

And sadly I haven't run into any Suikophiles IRL which kind of makes explaining my tattoos a chore but............ I still love them.
Night Shadow

Post by Night Shadow »

yeah, well, once you do, be sure to post. the rune of beginning has always been my favorite, so id be pretty excited to see that. and yeah, i dont see anyone who would get a tattoo without having a good, sensible reason for it. i appreciate the art, and i appreciate the fandom when people get one. just goes to show how some things mean a lot to people. =) which reminds me, im playing through suikoden 3 again. i forgot how enjoyable it really is.

haha. you're a chrono trigger fan, too? =) i love the game, but i just prefer LoZ, especially twilight princess.

good point. thanks. i might look into that hugo scene.

and i suggest you go to a comic con or something. thats where i make some new friends, talking about common geekdom. =)
AlOnZo

Post by AlOnZo »

Recent one of me from a night oot, last week I think it was. Needless to say I got more steamboats after this picture. Haha.

Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

Cookie Monster shirt!!!<3
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

haha! Nice! You look slightly older now. When we meeeting up then to get 'propur steamboats like, ken?' XD
Xiao

Post by Xiao »

Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

Pretty! :D
Xiao

Post by Xiao »

No, i'm not! D:
Actually i look so... Hideous. Yep. So hideous. Lol
and your ava is so pretty niki! I love your hat!
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Haha, no, don't underestimate yourself ;) btw where is your avatar from?

Oh, and don't compliment Niki even more, if she gets even more adorers I'll go crazy :D
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

Xiao, it's a matter of opinion, and I think you're pretty. SO THERE. And thanks! I made the hat sometime last year but never got around to finishing the rest of the costume ^.^'

Also, I have adorers? Good lord. O_O