Mp3/wav convert to Midi??

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Nemesis

Mp3/wav convert to Midi??

Post by Nemesis »

Is there a way to convert Mp3/wav to midi?? I usually records these midis on websites, but I need to convert it to a midi file in order to work it with this other program. OR is there some Midi Recorder out therE? I checked but most of them not working for me.
Nick Bruiser
Zeikcied

Re: Mp3/wav convert to Midi??

Post by Zeikcied »

I don't believe it's possible to convert any audio file to a .midi.

The reason being that MIDI files are incredibly limited in their capacity. When people post MIDI files of a song, they actually made it themselves. Usually using a piano keyboard, possibly some other hardware, and a MIDI creation program.

It's not possible to convert an actual song to MIDI, because software cannot tell which part is the music and which is the vocal. And MIDI has no ability to do vocals. Also, MIDI has a limit on how many different notes can be played at once.

In other words, you either make a MIDI version of the song yourself, or you're out of luck.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Mp3/wav convert to Midi??

Post by KFCrispy »

yeah midis are like a music sheet to the computer, and the sound card's set of synthetic sounds determine how it sounds (realistic instrument-sounding or bip bip bip), while the wav/mp3s are simply recordings that the computer decodes.