Miki Higashino

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
KC_MCDOHL

Miki Higashino

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

I hear that Miki Higashino has retired. Is this true? If so, this is very sad news
Kagiya

Re: Miki Higashino

Post by Kagiya »

I haven't heard about that. I believe she quit with Konami a long while back.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

http://www.squareenixmusic.com/composers/higashino/

Sorry, it says ''largely'' retired. So I'm guessing she still helps with various works. The ''feeling'' of Suikoden has somewhat changed, I believe, since the first two. The soundtracks do not capture the world we envision quite as deeply. Although good, I don't think the soundtracks for the past three Suikoden titles have been anywhere near the caliber we seen Higashino use for the first two titles.
Kagiya

Post by Kagiya »

I disagree. I like Miura's work (suikoden V and rhapsody) too, they do have a very different feel (Higashino has that celtic feel to her music). Some of the tracks are just plain awesome, I actually have more track favorites of his than Higashino's (That special CD that came with the preorder had some really nice versions of the songs from suikoden V). However, I think that Higashino may have hit the sentimental/sad themes better.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

True, Suikoden V's soundtrack was pretty improved from the previous two installments. Not that I think S3 and S4's soundtracks we're very bad, they had their good moments. Miura is an improvement from Yamane and Kimura I think, but I still prefer Higashino. If not for the sad/sentimental themes. I feel Suikoden is lacking that element as of late
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Higashino quit Konami all the way back in 2000 after getting married. She got divorced later because she wanted to compose again (and his husband didn't support that idea), and has been freelance ever since. She collaborated with Murayama for "tsukiyo ni saraba" but she hasen't been involved with game music much.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

Higashino is such a lovely lady.. I think. I really like her music. She knows how to put that melody into you
Nick Bruiser