What do you do for a living?

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
xnostalgiax

What do you do for a living?

Post by xnostalgiax »

Sorry if theres a simular topic, but i couldn't find one.

So the question, what do you do for a living?
it doesn't matter if its a job, or a career.
You can specify your wages or salary
if you wish, but i prefer not to.

I work Operations at the Local Fort Worth zoo,
i clean the park and set up attractions.
I dont make alot of money, but its fun.

What do you do?
Pollensalta

Re: What do you do for a living?

Post by Pollensalta »

Well, I currently work for Alltel (I'm also a full-time college student.) For not having completed college yet, the pay is extremely good.

I play the piano and write on the side. Also, the degree I am pursuing is Sociology; I would like to teach it to college students.
Purr.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

I do not currently have a job. I was working in the admissions office at my college as a student worker, but due to the amount of credits I'm taking this semester and the way my schedule is, I could not continue working there this semester. I am a full-time college student majoring in modern language.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

xnostalgiax, you're from Fort Worth? I'm from Dallas.

Anyway, I'm currently employed as a hotel bartender, but in reality I mostly drive the shuttle from D/FW International Airport and back. It's a business hotel, so there isn't much business in the bar.

I also go to school, but, since it is community college, I'm not particularly overwhelmed.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quing

Post by Quing »

I'm just going to college right now. No job. Focusing on doing well enough in school that I can successfully pay off the debts I am bound to accumulate. I'm a math major.
Kagiya

Post by Kagiya »

I'm a full time student in nursing school, it doesn't leave much time for much else. After I get out should be making decent money. I'll probably have to work on the med/surg floor initially, blah but eventually I'd like to be a surgical nurse. Later on if I feel the need to I might go back to school and become a physician or nurse practitioner but right now I'm kinda sick of school . ^-^;
Iku

Post by Iku »

im in my last year of sixth form right now, and im far too lazy to get a job! cool your in nursing school ive applied to do a nursing at nottingham uni! is it good?
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

I'm a student. No job yet.

I'm currently going to school to learn the ins and outs of inns
I one day want to own my own. 8)

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Kagiya

Post by Kagiya »

Well, I don't know about that particular school (I live in the Oregon in the US).
I'm in my second term of nursing school, I've learn how to give injections, I'll be starting ng tubes and catheters next, Iv after that. It's fun but pretty intense in terms of work load. After the first term 9% of the students either dropped out or where kicked out (grade must be 75% or above in each class and on tests (cumulatively) ). They've cranked up the work load again this term.
Iku

Post by Iku »

i shouldnt have made my question so ambiquous!
sounds really interesting! ive done some work experiance at my local clinic and it was really good! how long is the course you are doing?
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
Kagiya

Post by Kagiya »

Two years and after that I can take the exams and get my license (RN). I have a CNA license (nurse aid) currently but I'm not working as one at the moment.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i'm doing customer service for an electronic solutions company, supporting a portfolio management / trading system they have (one of their 2 major businesses). so i often get to hear how stupid these money managers at big firms really are... sometimes it's really sad... "why does it say this account is in debt?" "you traded like $100,000 and the account only had about $2000" "SO?".

we have a ticket system and feels a lot like message boards, except 1-on-1 :)
Michael Easton

Post by Michael Easton »

RangerDeon wrote:I'm a student. No job yet.
Aaah to be a student again - no cares in the world other than passing modules and not having to work or pay taxes. Those were the days :) ....

Anyway, these days I'm a purchasing administrator for a company that's in the automotive aftermarket. The money isn't bad; I like the people I work with; the job is a 10 minute drive from where I live and it is in the line of work I want to do.

However...

I'm a little bit unhappy to be honest; I was hired as a purchasing administrator but I'm doing a buyer's job, which pays more but since I've been hired as an admin I don't get the money. Not only that but I'm not really receiving any training or a job description for a buying role, meaning that I'm trying to do a job that I'm not really trained for and have no clue as to what I can and can't do. It's frustrating to say the least.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

I play the piano and write on the side. Also, the degree I am pursuing is Sociology; I would like to teach it to college students.
Really, that's what I am going for to! Although I want to be a Social Worker or something.

At my free time I write fanfics, play video-games/computer and I like to work out and swim. Since I just started college I have less time then before but I manage my time quite well. :wink:
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
G Zero

Post by G Zero »

I currently work as a 911 Dispatcher for a Sheriffs Office. We are in charge of the County Deputies, 7 different Police Departments, 8 different First Responders and Fire Fighter Units. We also help out with AMR, which is an Ambulance service. We have 5 different 911 lines and 5 different non-emergency lines. We usually have anywhere from 2 to 8 different deputies working, sometimes with the Sheriff and Under Sheriff, and 1 - 2 Police Officers on duty in the cities at all times. First Responders and Fire is always on call, and we page them out when we need them on a call. We are also in charge of setting of the Tornado and War sirens if they are needed. We have 5 different computers in front of us. These computers are in charge of mapping, radio, phone, computer that runs almost everything in a nation, and another computer that keeps track of our Officers and what calls they are on. If you ever get pulled over, the Officer is usually talking to us on the radio.

In a week I will be starting school to become a Network Administrator. As much as I love working with Law Enforcment, I am barely making enough to support my wife and myself.
"A cute young girl on the outside, and an ancient old crone on the inside!!! This vampire likes to eat her veggies. It's Sierra!!!"

"You, you shall pay dearly for that....."