What do you do for a living?

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Mushra

Re: What do you do for a living?

Post by Mushra »

Well...It's not exactly for a "living" cause i only have 17 years and live with my parents but i do some "side-quests" to earn some money and spend it as i want...Like, giving acoustic guitar lessons or alphabetization (i don't know if thats the right word in english XD) lessons, and i'm Production Engineer Trainee in a very awesome box factory XD Fortunately i get to work in the computer, calculating costs...importation, exportation, these veru boring and burocratic stuff, but at least i can finish it fast and the rest of the day i spend geeking in foruns x)
And now, a little tribute to Kyle x)

" . . . You're kidding me. You DIDN'T look?! WHY THE HELL NOT?! That
was a once in a lifetime opportunity! I can't believe you passed that up!
Damn! I gotta say, you just let down every man in Falena. . ."
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

So. . .I had to drop out of school this semester because of that loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong sickness i had (It was appendicitis and I even went to the hospital and they didn't see it) plus the surgery (third hospital was apparently the charm) and now the recovery. So no more school. No more job. And no more stairs, at least until my legs regain it's full strength. If the appendicitis didn't kill me, my $30,000+ medical bill will. Shoot me now.

So, here's what I'm gonna do: I'm applying for school tomorrow for the fall semester again. I'm gonna retake my classes; which consisted of Hotel Ownership orientated classes. And I'm also gonna look for a job and one of the hotels around here so I can fully understand the Ins and Outs of Inns.

My plans never work out how I want them to, but I can dream.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

Ouch......If I were in your place, that would be a serious blow to my pride. All the effort you spent on the previous semester and your job went down the drain.....it must be pretty hard, eh? I'm sorry for your loss.....don't give up, man.

And that $30,000+ medical bill...............(o_o)!!!
...yup.....that's a killer, alright. Sorry I don't shoot innocent people. (-_-).....
"I wish that days like this could just go on forever....." -Snowe Vingerhut

http://www.kian-sama.deviantart.com | http://saintdouchebag.tumblr.com/
Hey babycakes ;D
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

Gen. Dirge wrote:Ouch......If I were in your place, that would be a serious blow to my pride. All the effort you spent on the previous semester and your job went down the drain.....it must be pretty hard, eh? I'm sorry for your loss.....don't give up, man.

...yup.....that's a killer, alright. Sorry I don't shoot innocent people. (-_-).....
:D:D:D

Thanks dude, seriously. I'll be ok. I'm going to rest up during the remainder of this semester and go back in September. The classes were for and it specialized in doing the thing I loved. . .so retaking it won't be so bad.

As for a job, I'll be ok. I still live with my mother (I'm only 19) and she was there for the entire sickness so she's looking out for me until I'm able to go back out there.

:D Thanks again.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

I work at Olive Garden.
Keep your Coins, I want Change.
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

RangerDeon wrote:
Gen. Dirge wrote:Ouch......If I were in your place, that would be a serious blow to my pride. All the effort you spent on the previous semester and your job went down the drain.....it must be pretty hard, eh? I'm sorry for your loss.....don't give up, man.

:D:D:D

Thanks dude, seriously. I'll be ok. I'm going to rest up during the remainder of this semester and go back in September. The classes were for and it specialized in doing the thing I loved. . .so retaking it won't be so bad.

As for a job, I'll be ok. I still live with my mother (I'm only 19) and she was there for the entire sickness so she's looking out for me until I'm able to go back out there.

:D Thanks again.
No problem and take good care of yourself. Wish you a fast recovery....godspeed, dude.:D
"I wish that days like this could just go on forever....." -Snowe Vingerhut

http://www.kian-sama.deviantart.com | http://saintdouchebag.tumblr.com/
Hey babycakes ;D
Sebastian

Post by Sebastian »

I'm a stockboy at Gordon Food Service Marketplace. I don't make a living because I still live with my dad but I make enough to pay for insurance, a cell phone bill, food, and luxury items from time to time.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I no longer work at that hotel. I quit because I have to move soon (to Austin, TX).

I plan on working at the (original) Whole Foods Market in downtown Austin. Should be fun.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

Jowy Atreides wrote:I no longer work at that hotel. I quit because I have to move soon (to Austin, TX).

I plan on working at the (original) Whole Foods Market in downtown Austin. Should be fun.
I'm looking for a job at a hotel, to get a feel of my future. . .

BUT no place I go to around here is looking for anything other than housekeeping !_!

-Lorelai Gilmore
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Try using craigslist; it's a really great resource.

That's all I can recommend.