What games are you playing right now?

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
mhatter106

What games are you playing right now?

Post by mhatter106 »

Just curious what games are currently in your consoles/handhelds/disc trays. I tend to play several games concurrently and switch back and forth between them. Right now I'm playing

Uncharted on PS3 - Beat it, but I want to beat it on Hard now. Fun game, short, but exciting and visually amazing.

Halo 1 on PC - I recently played H3 at a friends house and got so intrigued I decided to get H1 for my PC (I dont have an xbox). I had only played H1 sporadicaly at friends houses when it had come out originally. It really is an exciting and fun game. I hadn't played FPS since Goldeneye but this rekindled my interest.

Final Fantasy XII on PS2 - Just beat it actually two days ago. I liked the gameplay a lot but I didnt think the story was as good as previous FF's. Also, am I the only one who thinks the story seems REALLY similar to Star Wars? A Young Boy who dreams of flying in the skies ends up on an adventure with a sky pirate and his animal-like copilot, along with a general/captain who was thought dead but really has been hid away, and they go to rescue and join an independent Princess who is leader of a rebellion against a big bad Empire. (These aren't really spoilers btw, nearly all of that info can be ascertained from the game manual)

Mario & Sonic Olympics on Wii - More for entertaining guests.
Chaco

Re: What games are you playing right now?

Post by Chaco »

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn <Wii/RPG Tacitcs Game>
AWESOME GAME! This game is so long but it was fun every second. The only thing I don't like is that it has crappy replay value, sadly. The storyline was great, the gameplay was fun and the game is very challenging, even for me.

Portal (The Orange Box) <PS3/Action>
Whoa, this game is something else. Totally out there, but very fun. I suggest everyone who has a PS3 or X-box 360 give this game a try, at least rent it.

Tales of Symponia <Gamecube/RPG>
I am ALWAYS palying this game so uh nothing new there.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
warmaster670

Post by warmaster670 »

im playing games i couldnt play before because of a crappy pc, Call of Duty 4, F.E.A.R., Bioshock, World In Conflict, NWN2, UT3, Rainbow Six Vegas.

oh, and a fair amount of Dynasty Warriors 5
McBones

Post by McBones »

Persona 3 - Cant get enough of this game >_> theres just so much to do and Ive already decided im playing it through a second time when i finish.

Phoenix Wright: Justice For All - Just started Case 4, and this game is just as funny as the first one. A little more challenging than the first game as well.

Trauma Center: New Blood - Playing this with my brother every now and then when we can. Its a lot of fun but the plot is horrible...

Guitar Hero III - Its a puck-up-and-play game for me atm, but it never stops getting fun. Only one song left on Expert mode though, and I cant even get close to passing it >_>

When I finish up with these, I still have Suikoden, S2, SMT: Nocturne, Super Mario Galaxy, RE: Umbrella Chronicles... Im gonna be set for awhile.
Michael Easton

Post by Michael Easton »

mhatter106 wrote:Final Fantasy XII on PS2 - Just beat it actually two days ago. I liked the gameplay a lot but I didnt think the story was as good as previous FF's.
I too liked the gameplay but the story was fairly dull and un-involving. I still have to finish this game as I pretty much gave up with it.

At the moment I'm playing The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Phantom Hourglass, Trauma Centre: Second Opinion and Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles.

Once these are finished I'm going to try and burn through all the other games I've bought and not played/finished.
Benthos

Post by Benthos »

Currently I'm not playing anything as my play 2 got into a "coma" and is in repairment. But the last game I played there was Resident Evil 4, it's an awesome game, although I didn't finish yet. Couldn't kill Jack Krauser.
Zeikcied

Post by Zeikcied »

Assassin's Creed (PS3) - I beat the game, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I don't know why so many people are complaining about it. I thought the game was awesome.

Fire Pro Wrestling Returns (PS2) - The best wrestling game ever.

Sonic Gems Collection (Game Cube) - To see if Sonic CD is really that great.

KPat for KDE4 (Linux) - Awesome Solitaire game. I'm really getting the hang of Spider Solitaire, on Medium difficulty.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Like mentioned in another thread, I've been drowning myself in the .hack franchise since December. Sure took me a while to take notice of this immersive experience. Now on my way to visit randomly generated areas and round up the Book of 1000, before I complete .hack//G.U. Volume 2 Reminisce (PS2). I definitely would not recommend the game to those who prefer to rush things; given the three-part story approach, there are barely any to last even for 30 hours per volume!

On that note, to future posters henceforth: Since this topic has had a good start, let's not reduce it to mere lists, or we might risk it getting locked indefinitely.
Quing

Post by Quing »

I've been playing the Suikoden games in chronological order of late. I'm just finishing up Suikoden V and am about to move on to Suikoden (which I will play at the same time I play the Japanese version so that I don't have to bother translating the game just so that I can know what's going on). I'm also playing Star Ocean 2 and Grim Grimoire when the mood strikes me. Sometimes one wants a break.
reapz

Post by reapz »

COD 4 on pc, World of warcraft, and on wii mario olympics ! (so class)!!
mhatter106

Post by mhatter106 »

Zeikcied wrote:
Sonic CD really is that great. At least for the original Sega CD it is, I dunno how the GC port is. I actually just beat the game the other week because playing mario and sonic at the olympics made me nostalgic for old side scrolling sonic games, so I dug out my old Sega CD (yes I was one of the ten ppl who got one), turned it to channel 3 and loaded it up.

Whats cool is that each level you can warp to past, present or future version of it, and going back and forth in time can make u able to get into different areas exploring. on top of that, if you go to the past and do stuff when u warp back to the future it can be different if you happen to destroy the thing in the past that caused the first bad future.

Of course, doign all that stuff is optional, you can just zoom as fast as you can to the end of the level and forget all that but thats what makes it fun.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

McBones wrote:
Trauma Center: New Blood - Playing this with my brother every now and then when we can. Its a lot of fun but the plot is horrible...
I JUST finished Trauma Center: Second Opinion and now my boyfriend and I are playing New Blood together. It's great.
I also finished Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. Loved it.
Purr.
Zeikcied

Post by Zeikcied »

mhatter106 wrote:
Zeikcied wrote:
Sonic CD really is that great. At least for the original Sega CD it is, I dunno how the GC port is. I actually just beat the game the other week because playing mario and sonic at the olympics made me nostalgic for old side scrolling sonic games, so I dug out my old Sega CD (yes I was one of the ten ppl who got one), turned it to channel 3 and loaded it up.

Whats cool is that each level you can warp to past, present or future version of it, and going back and forth in time can make u able to get into different areas exploring. on top of that, if you go to the past and do stuff when u warp back to the future it can be different if you happen to destroy the thing in the past that caused the first bad future.

Of course, doign all that stuff is optional, you can just zoom as fast as you can to the end of the level and forget all that but thats what makes it fun.
It's a fun game, and I like the graphics and music.

But, I don't really like the Down+Jump spin move as much as the Sonic 2/3/&K spin attack. Plus, the Up+Jump dash move seems useless, at least where I'm at in the game.

I like that, at least the GC version (I don't know about the original) saves after the completion of each Zone. So, I don't have to play constantly. I know that was a feature in Sonic 3, as well, but I still enjoy it.

I don't quite get why the time travel thing is used, though. I've yet to see any practical use for it. I know that you can change the future by doing something in the past, but I haven't seen that work yet.

Also, Sonic Gems Collection has scans of the instruction manual of Sonic CD from the Sega CD version as well as the PC version. I found it interesting that Amy was called Princess Sally in the Sega CD manual, despite the cartoon and comic books showing Sally as a brown squirrel, and not a pink hedgehog. The PC manual has her listed as Amy.
mhatter106

Post by mhatter106 »

yeah in the orginal sega cd version it saves it too, but only after you finish all 3 stages of a zone.

the time travel thing is just to add a new dimension to the level, both literally and figuratively. If you warp to the past and manage to locate a funny looking machine that you can destroy, if you warp back to the future it wil be different and when you finish the stage it will say "Sonic Made a Good Future in Palmtree Panic Zone Stage 1 (or whatver)". The interesting thing about the different times are that there re some places ou can only get to if say you start in the present, warp to the future, move somewhere in the elvel and then warp back to the present or past.
Michael Easton

Post by Michael Easton »

Pollensalta wrote:
McBones wrote:
I JUST finished Trauma Center: Second Opinion and now my boyfriend and I are playing New Blood together. It's great.
I also finished Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. Loved it.
Is Trauma Center: New Blood for the Wii? If it is I'll have to get that when it comes out.