Memory Card Problems

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
promethez

Memory Card Problems

Post by promethez »

hello everyone! have any of you used a multi-page memory card on the PSX before? if you recall, you can turn the pages of the memory card by holding select and pressing R1 or R2. However, apparently this does not work out when inserted into the PS2.

recently though, I suddenly wanted to play Suikoden II again but my save file happen to be on another page! is there anyway I can turn the pages without scouring for my PS1 and setting it up again-which would be extremely troublesome- such as using some adaptor which allows me to access the memory card on my computer??

thanks in advance!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Memory Card Problems

Post by KFCrispy »

yeah i suppose it doesn't work the same way for a PS2, i don't think you would be able to change pages with the PS2 system. there are some mult-page cards that use a button on the memory card itself to change pages which do work, but these PSX cards were built only for PSX so you probably have to get another card with some free memory and use a PSOne to swap the memory to your first page.
promethez

Re: Memory Card Problems

Post by promethez »

ARH!!!! THE HORROR!!! My PS1 is hidden some where and I have to dig it up and set it up and then unplug all the wires and keep it all over again!!!!!!!

haha oh well, maybe it isn't such a good idea to play it again afterall...but thanks a lot anyway.