Bubblegum Crisis series

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Bubblegum Crisis series

Post by KFCrispy »

has anybody watched both the original Bubblegum Crisis and Bubblegum Crisis 2040 series? I enjoyed the original BGC, Bubblegum Crash (not so much as original series), AD Police Files, and I just watched Parasite Dolls.

Parasite Dolls was a mature and very dark short 3 episodes which highlighted some stories focusing on illegal activity related to Boomers. I thought the third episode was very interesting and very dark (most of the characters you saw in the series die...) and was looking for discussions online but there seems to be very little talk about it and most reviewers compare it to BGC 2040 (which I haven't seen) and say how it's unrelated. WELL DUH, it's related to the original series, not 2040!

I've been skeptic about watching the 2040 series because a) there are too many episodes so it eats up a lot of time, and b) the characters and drawings seem really childish (with stereotypical characters like a happy-go-lucky girl who has no place in this kind of story); I feel that the series was remade for kids, but I want to know if that's true or not... so if you have seen both the original and 2040, would you say they are on the same/similar level, or is 2040 really just a dumbed-down kiddie version of the original series??

Both A.D. Police Files and Parasite Dolls had some interesting topics covered in the series, but they felt like a supplement to the original series that actually had strong focus on the characters rather than the subject matter.
Spiraling Entropy

Re: Bubblegum Crisis series

Post by Spiraling Entropy »

I've seen bits of the original Bubblegum Crisis years ago, but sadly can't remember much of it.
In Digitized Remorse