Game Delays

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Waylander

Game Delays

Post by Waylander »

I just found out that Smash Brothers Brawl has been delayed (and Sonic has been confirmed!) and while some people are up in arms about it I really don't care. Usually when a publisher holds a game back there is a good reason for doing so: fixing bugs, working out online issues, or in this case the catch all Nintendo phrase, "to add polish."

Nintendo tends to swing for the fences, and at times come up empty, but more often than not make solid contact. If it's in the games best interest why not wait and get a better product then rush out something crappy?

As if I don't have other games to play till February...
son_michael

Re: Game Delays

Post by son_michael »

The delay is probably because of the announcement that thee gonna add online co op :D :D :D :D

and yes SONIC IS IN SSBB!!!! AND HE LOOKS DAMM GOOD!!!

his moves look awsome and his smash move is Super Sonic...EVERYONE REJOICE!
Michael Easton

Post by Michael Easton »

Waylander wrote:Usually when a publisher holds a game back there is a good reason for doing so: fixing bugs, working out online issues, or in this case the catch all Nintendo phrase, "to add polish."
I wonder what the story is with Duke Nukem Forever then? :lol:
LillyXChris

Post by LillyXChris »

Yeah i'm waiting for that game too. But i'm also wondering when Kingdom Hearts 3 is gonna be released. And i'm hoping they don't have any delays there. PLS don't tell me they delayed because they ran out of Disney movies to add.

OOT: If it was up to me i think i'd put Sora, Donald and Goofy in all the Anime Worlds (I.E. Bleach, Rurouni Kenshin, Yes Precure 5 etc)

OR I could put KH in the Gameverse (I.E. Disgaea, Grandia, Suikoden etc)
Just think about it. Someone might be writing a Kingdom Hearts 2/Pretty Cure x-over right now. That someone is me.

Now playing POTC At World's End
Nozomi Yumehara and Darkside Dream... Miko (Princess) Yumehara
Sisters (Yes Precure 5/Precure X-over)
Zeikcied

Post by Zeikcied »

LillyXChris wrote:Yeah i'm waiting for that game too. But i'm also wondering when Kingdom Hearts 3 is gonna be released. And i'm hoping they don't have any delays there. PLS don't tell me they delayed because they ran out of Disney movies to add.

OOT: If it was up to me i think i'd put Sora, Donald and Goofy in all the Anime Worlds (I.E. Bleach, Rurouni Kenshin, Yes Precure 5 etc)

OR I could put KH in the Gameverse (I.E. Disgaea, Grandia, Suikoden etc)
It would be expensive and time consuming to go to multiple companies and attempt to gain a license just for one "world" based on their property.

So, I doubt Kingdom Hearts will ever venture outside of Disney.

As for other games, I highly doubt it. Given that Kingdom Hearts is competition for other RPGs, I think you could single them out. No company would allow another company to use their properties in a competing game.

I'm sure Disney has more movies they haven't used yet in Kingdom Hearts. Plus, they have Sora's world, and other original worlds they can use.