Final Fantasy Tactcis PSP

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Mikalakatov

Final Fantasy Tactcis PSP

Post by Mikalakatov »

Does anyone else think they should have just left the script alone? I've played up to the point where you have to get Algus and so far... I'm really disappointed that the script has been changed, and some of the lines make no sense with each other as the characters talk to one another and really do not correspond to how the game originally was on psx.
warmaster670

Re: Final Fantasy Tactcis PSP

Post by warmaster670 »

the previos translation was probably really bad
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

The previous translation was pretty good, in this new one it's like they took out every word or part that says "God" in it, like they wanted to take out the religious theme.
Quing

Post by Quing »

Hmm. I haven't played the PSP remake, but I'm really surprised that they take out references to God. What do they replace it with? And if they don't replace it, what have they done to substitute in as a story? In my view, the original FFT was almost entirely about the conflicts within the church. And I was looking forward to the remake, too...
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

Quing wrote:Hmm. I haven't played the PSP remake, but I'm really surprised that they take out references to God. What do they replace it with? And if they don't replace it, what have they done to substitute in as a story? In my view, the original FFT was almost entirely about the conflicts within the church. And I was looking forward to the remake, too...
They replace it with "Father" and that's it, as far as I've seen, I'm power leveling my characters (as I always have) so I haven't gotten too far into it yet to see how much more they changed. But they changed the Hokuten as Order of the Sky or something like that, I think because they added that guy from FFXII in it and he's a sky pirate. Which to my knowledge of FFT before there was NO such machinery in existence. So I'm really confused right now. Also, they say things like "Lord Father" Ramza said that to his dad and they changed Teta's name.
Quing

Post by Quing »

Actually, there are some indications that in the FF Tactics world there at least used to be flight. Keep in mind that the final battle was on an airship. Now if I remember correctly, it was a totaled airship resting in the bowels of Hell, but I think if you look around, you see other indications that such technology existed. I don't have the game on hand right now, but I think airships are mentioned in some of the descriptions of the special items. It did always seem, however, that such technology had disappeared by the time the game took place, and that airships are one of those lost technologies the engineers spend all their time digging up.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I love the new script. It's beautiful. It's like reading a novel at some times or a Shakespearean play. There's so much depth and meaning to each line. It really portrays the aristocratic language that is at the heart of the game so well. The game is about two noble houses fighting after all. If you wanted the old version then you can play the PS game. I'm glad they didn't just do a straight port but added some new features.

Needless to say I'm loving the new version and have been playing it a lot lately.