Halo 3

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
son_michael

Re: Halo 3

Post by son_michael »

G4 did a huge multi hour show talking aout how Halo revolutionized the game industry and transcended gaming....I was like.."WTH...its just a video game"

that said I loved Halo 1...the storyline was awsome and for me...it was the first time I ever played a game where npc's fight along side of you and for that mater it was the first time I played a really good decent fps with a good story and cutting edge graphics{well at the time.."...then my friends would hook up our xboxes and play the multiplayer from accross rooms and I had a blast

Halo 2 completley failed with the campaign....the story was boring and dissapointing and essentially it was Halo 1 but shorter without the health bar and a recharging shield and some new weaopons and the ability to duel wield some weaopns..and they even changed some of the older weapons and nerfed them....the multiplayer However saved the game for me by giving me 1 of the most amazing experiences with online gaming....I telly a there's nothing like running with the flag and eharing someones voice screaming"cover the flag! cover the flag!" and then as I was running to the flag point another guy was going"yeah baby! yeah!" aas people were covering me....Halo 2 left me with the bets multiplayer memories I will ever have..in that sense the game was an amazing achievement

I havent played 3...but form what I hear its not amazing and I already saw that horrible ending to the series on youtube...so single player seems to be a dissapointment again...I imagine tyhey put alot of wrok into the multiplayer and its probably better but I wont be getting a xbox 360 just for Halo...Microsoft has failed me with there systems and "help" 1 time to many...Nintendo and Sony all the way baby
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

Michael Easton wrote:
Pollensalta wrote:
KFCrispy wrote:what makes the Halo series stand out from the other thousands of multi-player FPShooters out there? i doubt it's the plot..
graphics? I dunno, that seems to be all the idiots care about.
Is it me or are the graphics in Halo 3 not that great a leap from Halo 2? I was expecting something much better.
No, they are not a very huge leap.

I loved the first Halo, and even bought an X-box for it, but was very disappointed with the second Halo. It was just more of the same, but with a crappy ending. Halo 3 just looks like a sad excuse for a "next gen" game.
PSN: FreshMetal80
Black Knight Yuber

Post by Black Knight Yuber »

They set the bar high with the first Halo, that it seemed to start losing momentum towards it's follow ups. The fanbase just kept getting bigger, but the game seemed to be getting shorter. To me it seems like the same old recycled storyline over and over with a few editions.
Deathrace King
Tenko5

Post by Tenko5 »

I agree with Yuber. The game did start to decline as far as story goes from the original halo. The first one was actually a good story to me. Not mind blowing like MGS or something like that but good. The game was also proably the 2nd best console shooter I've ever played (after Goldeneye for 64 and 2nd favorite fps was doom). Also, something that made halo a selling point to me was it's simplicty but range of strategy. In 2 and 3 its about finding big guns or dual wielding. In 1 sniping (especially with the pistol) was a very reasonable strategy. The graphics like others has mentioned aren't that big of a step of from halo 2. The reason is that the xbox 360 isn't actually caple of that good of graphics. That being said I think what they did approve on in graphics was big (the character models are new for enemies and look awesome). That said I like halo 3, if you play with a friend the short storyline can be fun on legendary but alone it fails. Online play is what makes halo such a big seller. Playing with about 15 other people on a small map can make for a crazy game. Or you could play with 4 people on a big open map with a few hiding spots allowing for sniping. This game is meant to be as fun as you can make it. It has alot to offer if you know how to exploit those points.
Those who know much suffer much. "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Why can't you be more sincere and earnest?! Like me!
Kyle: Yeah, how's that working out for you again?
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

I don't think the first Halo set the bar very high at all. The first Halo was nothing special. Sure it was fun to play with a friend, but it was pretty much the ONLY good shooter on the X-box. Halo was just another generic FPS with another faceless nameless hero.
PSN: FreshMetal80