Robert Jordan: Wheel of Time

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
EternalOnslaught

Robert Jordan: Wheel of Time

Post by EternalOnslaught »

Does anyone else have an interest in this series? I know I can't be the only one, it is by far one of my favorite fantasy series of all time. I like it just as much as the Lord of the Rings series.

Currently there are eleven books, the last one currently being made. If anyone is interested in it, I can tell you more. Or if you already know this series, feel free to share your views about it.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Pollensalta

Re: Robert Jordan: Wheel of Time

Post by Pollensalta »

I hate the Wheel of Time.

The first book was great. It went downhill from there, to a point around the fifth book where it became almost unreadable.

I want it to be over with so bad. I'll check out the last book and since friggin' nothing has happened between book 7 (where I left off) and book 11, I think I'll be fine.
Purr.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

I dunno. I think it's been rather consistant throughout the series.

Though Crossroads of Twilight was a big disappointment where absolutely nothing happened till the very end and then it ended on a cliffhanger note.

But yeah, it would seem like RJ screwed up a bit in the storytelling in that there's supposed to be one final book left and there's still unresolved Forsaken and other bad guys to deal with and Tarmon Gaidon among other things. I'm worried that he's just gonna cop out and have them all just appear at Tarmon Gaidon and be killed there.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

I haven't read most of the books, I just finished up with The Great Hunt. So far it has been pretty good, I do enjoy the different characters it involed, from the different Aes Sedai to the Seanchan,Aiel, etc.

Well, I haven't got that far yet, for it to be a disappointment. The next book up is The Dragon Reborn, I heard though that he is dying of some kind of rare blood disease and there is a possibility that the last book won't make it.
Raww Le Klueze wrote:I dunno. I think it's been rather consistant throughout the series.

Though Crossroads of Twilight was a big disappointment where absolutely nothing happened till the very end and then it ended on a cliffhanger note.

But yeah, it would seem like RJ screwed up a bit in the storytelling in that there's supposed to be one final book left and there's still unresolved Forsaken and other bad guys to deal with and Tarmon Gaidon among other things. I'm worried that he's just gonna cop out and have them all just appear at Tarmon Gaidon and be killed there.
I was hoping that at every book one or more of the Forsakens would be disocvered and dealt with. But with the ending of The Great Hunt and Lanfear just making a brief appearance(well, technically). I am interested in Paden Fain though
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Waylander

Post by Waylander »

Pollensalta wrote:I hate the Wheel of Time.

The first book was great. It went downhill from there, to a point around the fifth book where it became almost unreadable.

I want it to be over with so bad. I'll check out the last book and since friggin' nothing has happened between book 7 (where I left off) and book 11, I think I'll be fine.

I might be in love with Pollensalta; I couldn't agree more. I put the series down around book four or five, I didn't feel there was any progress or forward motion to the series.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Waylander wrote:
Pollensalta wrote:I hate the Wheel of Time.

I might be in love with Pollensalta; I couldn't agree more. I put the series down around book four or five, I didn't feel there was any progress or forward motion to the series.
There isn't in book 6 or 7, either. swear to god.
I went to the bookstore and looked at book 11 after reading book 7 and they were pretty much doing the same thing... storylines just get dull and repetitive... bah.
Purr.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Should be interesting to see how the last book will be finished now that RJ is dead.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Waylander

Post by Waylander »

Amazing what you learn on Suikosource...

I was pissed this time last year when I found out David Gemmell died. It seems to be a bad trend with authors passing with unfinished books in a sequence.

However, publishing is a business. His publisher may have been even more invested in the book than the author was. The book will come, out. His wife, or close friend or someone will piece together an ending. It just won’t be RJ’s ending.

Sad news for family and fans.