Any good RPG games released in ps2 lately?

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Laharle

Any good RPG games released in ps2 lately?

Post by Laharle »

i have not done much research on RPG game releases and just wonder which ones u guys would recommend to play.

I heard Rogue Galaxy was good but havent tried it yet.
Yes I did played all 5 suikodens and they were awesome.

any1 wanna help? :)

P.S. I hope this is the right thread for me to talk bout this lol
Futagi

Re: Any good RPG games released in ps2 lately?

Post by Futagi »

Do you want specifically PS2 releases or PS1 and/or PSP releases as well?
Hello Suikoden-type people:D
ShakenMike

Post by ShakenMike »

There's odin sphere.
warmaster670

Post by warmaster670 »

persona 3 should be out sometime soon
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

If you don't mind 2D, Ar Tonelico is an interesting twist from Gust and Banpresto.

Rogue Galaxy was pretty enjoyable while it lasted, with very pretty environment and far better execution of the "space" story compared to the likes of Star Ocean, but the plot is nothing groundbreaking.
ShakenMike

Post by ShakenMike »

You will find Ar Tonelico very hard to look for.
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

Ar Tonelico was really good for me compared to my Atelier Iris experiences, except for the gangsta rap BGM during the middle of the battle... :|

I am currently playing the international version of FF12..no english text, and this is finally the time for me to pick up japanese lessons, because damn, I'm missing too much other good japanese games...

Rogue Galaxy for me is pretty good, I like it, but the Insectron minigame is too limiting for me.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3, should be out by tommorrow or the next day. I heard Wild Arms 5 is suppose to be release sometime this month as well.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

I wonder what makes Shin Megami Tensei games rather popular? Digital Devil Saga was my introduction to the series, and I thought it relied too heavily on dungeons and more dungeons. That, and the awkward atmosphere in general. Gameplay was standard fare, save maybe excelling in having an actual progressive learning curve.

Devil Summoner was an equally strange Pokemon-ish gameplay, minus the fun of hunting monsters.

I haven't even touched my copy of Nocturne (that I recently acquired) yet. Will probably not do so for a long, long time.
Laharle

Post by Laharle »

sure i'd like to know PS1 games tats good as well as PSP

but i think i know alot of great PS1 RPG games like Vandal Hearts, Kartia, Xenogears, Breath of Fire 3 and 4.

anymore game suggestion ppl? =p

btw guys thanks for dropping some suggestions =)
EternalOnslaught

patapi wrote:I wonder what makes Shin Megami Tensei games rather popular? Digital Devil Saga was my introduction to the series, and I thought it relied too heavily on dungeons and more dungeons. That, and the awkward atmosphere in general. Gameplay was standard fare, save maybe excelling in having an actual progressive learning curve.

Devil Summoner was an equally strange Pokemon-ish gameplay, minus the fun of hunting monsters.

I haven't even touched my copy of Nocturne (that I recently acquired) yet. Will probably not do so for a long, long time.
I admit, those games do rely heavily on dungeons, but for the DDS series I thought they did a decent job in giving you the ability to customize your characters with different abilities. As for Nocturnal, I never played.

Back on the subject though! Legend of Legaia, Tactics Ogre, Legend of Dragoon, Lunar Silver Star Story and its sequal, Star Ocean 2, etc. There were a lot for the PS1.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Persona 3 is highly rated..
Growlanser 5 is coming to the US in September.
Wild Arms 5 is coming to the US late this month.
VinceValentine

Post by VinceValentine »

I havent even played Wild arms 4 let alone worry about playing Wild arms 5... i heard 4 wasnt as good as 3 though is that true? I would still like to play it though(i'm not all that picky on games... no game i've ever played was perfect) but 5 looks pretty good.
Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing the self is enlightenment.
Conquering others is power;
conquering the self is strength.
EternalOnslaught

I wouldn't know if 4 was better than 3 of the Wild Arms series, never played the fourth installment. However, one game I failed to mention, Wild Arms Alter Code F =) I haven't had the pleasure to play this one yet, but I really do, so bad. Because I was a big of the first wild arms.

Another game, that is worth playing if you can find it, is Brigandine for the regular playstation.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Is Wild Arms a series of sequels like Suikoden, or completely non-related like the FF series?
Purr.