when i grow up i wanna be....

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Noraibah
Banned User
Location: Kuala Lumpur[ Kota Kinabalu, Sabah ],Wilayah Perseketuan,Malaysia

Re: when i grow up i wanna be....

Post by Noraibah »

What exactly is a Library Technician anyway?And what on earth is the definition of 'embalming' by the way?This is like the most weirdest thing I have ever heard in my whole life as a teenager!
I love this forum............to death.I think dying is normal.Just ignore me!
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

A library technician catalogs and processes the library books in the back, it's more of an office type job than a librarian, as I shouldn't (hopefully) have to deal with the public. Basically they put labels on books and enter them into the computer system; exciting stuff :|

Embalming is when the bodily fluids of a corpse are drained out and formaldehyde (they use something else now, I believe) is pumped in to preserve the body for funerals. I read somewhere that it really isn't common practice outside of the U.S. and maybe a few other countries, so I can see why someone wouldn't have heard of it. A lot of people from other countries find it barbaric. That's not why I quit though, it was mainly because the school was too expensive and too far. But yeah, big contrast in job aspirations!
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

Blutigengel wrote:A library technician catalogs and processes the library books in the back, it's more of an office type job than a librarian, as I shouldn't (hopefully) have to deal with the public. Basically they put labels on books and enter them into the computer system; exciting stuff :|

Embalming is when the bodily fluids of a corpse are drained out and formaldehyde (they use something else now, I believe) is pumped in to preserve the body for funerals. I read somewhere that it really isn't common practice outside of the U.S. and maybe a few other countries, so I can see why someone wouldn't have heard of it. A lot of people from other countries find it barbaric. That's not why I quit though, it was mainly because the school was too expensive and too far. But yeah, big contrast in job aspirations!
My younger sister always wanted to do that embalming job :D I heard that job pays a lot.
"I wish that days like this could just go on forever....." -Snowe Vingerhut

http://www.kian-sama.deviantart.com | http://saintdouchebag.tumblr.com/
Hey babycakes ;D
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

Blutigengel wrote:Heh, I was going to go into Mortuary Science (embalming and such) and somehow I'm almost done with my Library Technician degree. Yeah, life is strange.
My school has those classes

And classes on running and organizing funerals.
When I walked passed the class and looked in, all I could see were people wearing black and looking sad. . and dead.

I thought the class was the funeral.

But by all means, it's a very interesting career choice.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

RangerDeon wrote: When I walked passed the class and looked in, all I could see were people wearing black and looking sad. . and dead.
Haha, well I would have fit right in!
Like I said, I changed my mind though. As much as it pays and as interesting as it would be, I wouldn't be able to stand the business aspect or the grieving relatives bitching about the how my make-up job didn't make their uncle look alive enough.

Instead, I'll be wearing black and cataloging books, away from the general public's jurisdiction!
Tenko5

Post by Tenko5 »

I always wanted to be a pilot. But other things have popped in my mind like police, lawyer etc.. Though I played with the idea of being a psychologist when I had a nice path set up with a few scholarships but decided just because I can help people I dont wanna (I hate listening to people whine). But now I'm in the Air Force and theres almost no way for me to be a pilot since my eye sight is horrible.
Those who know much suffer much. "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Why can't you be more sincere and earnest?! Like me!
Kyle: Yeah, how's that working out for you again?
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

Has anyone in here ever thought about being an Executive Transvestite? ;D

Hey babycakes ;D
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

No, but I'm intrigued? What exactly does an executive transvestite do?
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

Um, just do whatever transvestites do except doing it in class. Cross-dress, entertain, getting their sexual kicks out of it all the while, haha :B They're not the same as Drag Queens, which are homosexuals.

An Executive Transvestite is a transvestite of sophistication (and contrary to many myths, most transvestites are straight, otherwise called Male Lesbians. xD)

An example would be Eddie Izzard (my fave comedian, search him up on youtube if you want.)

And yes, I'm part-transvestite just to add on.

Hey babycakes ;D
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

Very interesting. I didn't know one could be part transvestite. Seems like an all or nothing deal :D
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

It's an interesting thing to add to a resume. ;B

Hey babycakes ;D
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

That's hilarious.
I LOVE IT!

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Non Serviam

Post by Non Serviam »

when I was growing up, I was one of the many who wanted to be a veterinarian...a desire I carried on well into adulthood. I decided against it, due to the fact that I'd be in school for just as long as others in the medical field, yet I'd be making much less; that and the fact that vet schools here in the southeast USA are very competitive.

After changing my mind numerous times about what major to pursue in college, I ultimately decided to pursue a criminal justice degree. For some strange reason, I wanted to be a police officer. After months of trying, no one would hire me...apparently, I wasn't mentally stable enough (or in the case of certain departments, I was TOO mentally stable) for the job. I also tried to get into probation and parole, but no one's hiring in that field in South Carolina at the moment. Right now, I'm stuck working security at a gated community...I'm not complaining, I'm just happy that I have a fairly decent paying job with health/dental benefits. My fiance has a master's degree and makes less than I do...it's infuriating for the both of us.

I'd like to go back to school for an accounting degree...I like keeping up with finances and bookkeeping and such...but that will have to wait until we resolve our current financial situation.
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

Sorry to hear that, Non, but like you said, you guys are lucky to have a job these days. I hope the accounting thing works out. Personally, I couldn't stand my accounting classes (not the college ones, at least) so I'm glad there are people out there that want to deal with those kinds of things!

@Dirge: I tried looking up Izzard but Youtube kept spazzing out on me. I'll try again later, though, as what I did see was great. Thanks for the new comedian recommendation!
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

When I was in late high school and early college, I wanted to be a mechanical engineer. In fact, that's what my major was when I started college. Then I transferred because I wanted to be a christian pastor. Now I've only slightly changed and want to be a college professor that teaches people who want to be pastors. I'm getting my master's degree right now, and then I'll get my PhD. I want to teach Old Testament literature and languages.