when i grow up i wanna be....

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Iku

when i grow up i wanna be....

Post by Iku »

when you were younger what were your ambitions, what did you want to do with your life! how has it changed and what do you do now? are you disapointed if its not what you wanted to do or have your ambitions changed?
when i was about 2 i wanted to be a fire engine then i wanted to be baker when i was 6, ive wanted to be a nurse for about 7 years, im going to uni next year to hopefully train to be one, whether i do become a nurse or not i dont know! :wink:
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
Pollensalta

Re: when i grow up i wanna be....

Post by Pollensalta »

For a long time, I wanted to be a vet. When I got older I did an internship at a vet's office and realized I'd never be able to do surgery on cats or anything. It would make me too sad, and I wouldn't be able to put them to sleep either. Would kind of be difficult if even the VET is crying.

I've always wanted to be an author, too. Have been working on my series for almost 10 years now, so that's still an ambition, but I do realize that it's not for sure. I used to hate the idea of teaching, but now I am in college pursuing a sociology degree so I can teach it to college students myself.
Purr.
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

Pollensalta wrote:Would kind of be difficult if even the VET is crying.
Which actually happened when we had to put our dog to sleep.

I've always wanted to be an actor. However, it's nearly impossible to make a living out of that in this country. I'm not even looking at Hollywood.

Then I was influenced by Charmed and added social work to acting. It didn't go so well, so I changed that to English / Drama teaching. Two years of college, and the dreaded exams arrive. I get a D in English (I don't want to know how it happened, though I've seen reports saying 80% of the students got a lower grade), so I exclude English from my aspirations.

Now I'm basing everything on drama (still have to get a job in the meantime). Either that, or I'll want to be unemployed forever.
[evil laugh here]
Sonic

Post by Sonic »

I've always wanted to work with art, specifically doing illustration or concept work, for films or books or video games or whatever. When I applied for University I wasn't accepted to the fine arts programs, so I ended up in art history instead. I sort of gave drawing a miss for a while, suddenly convinced I was no good at drawing, but I've recently reacquired the drive, and am working on independent writing and illustration projects, specifically comics. So then and now, you could say illustration, although I've also been interested in architecture and writing in the past.
Yeah!
Leona

Post by Leona »

I wanna do something with videogame design. Maybe Graphic Design or something. all Ive ever been 100% good at is videogames lol. When I was 5 or 6 I wanted to be a train driver for some reason and when I was 8 a teacher because my teacher was pretty and really nice!
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

I remember about 8 years ago when I was absolutely obsessed with Garfield, and I really wanted to become a cartoonist. That faded after about a year, though I still had my mind set on something art based. Since then, I don't think I've really 'wanted' to be anything. And I still don't know what I want to do after I've finished my psychology degree. I do know I don't want to be a professional psychology, or a clinical/counselling psychology. I guess that helps a bit :/
Your perception is your reality.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I'll be double majoring in Chinese Studies and Japanese Studies at the University of Texas, and from there I'll work with the JET program to get some experience with the language, culture, and people. After that I'll attend UC San Diego at their international relations school, which focuses on countries in the Pacific. From that point, there are multiple options--I could work for the UN, APEC, the US State Department, or anywhere else I please, really. All companies need competent translators, and with five years in Japan I could land that job easily.

I don't really want to "be" anything--I just wanna enjoy myself, and I can envision myself having fun in international relations, so that's what I've decided to do.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Jowy Atreides wrote:I'll be double majoring in Chinese Studies and Japanese Studies at the University of Texas, and from there I'll work with the JET program to get some experience with the language, culture, and people. After that I'll attend UC San Diego at their international relations school, which focuses on countries in the Pacific. From that point, there are multiple options--I could work for the UN, APEC, the US State Department, or anywhere else I please, really. All companies need competent translators, and with five years in Japan I could land that job easily.

I don't really want to "be" anything--I just wanna enjoy myself, and I can envision myself having fun in international relations, so that's what I've decided to do.

I wish I knew what I wanted to do..... :(
darkphoenix

Post by darkphoenix »

I never really knew what I wanted to do, but I knew I had to go to a foreign country. I made it last year, I flew to Ireland in October, found a job as sales assistant in a toy shop and today I'm supervisor there. After passing a bachelor degree in literature and history... :? so even if you don't know what you want to do later, SonMichael, just wait and see, anything could happen
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

As a kid I wanted to be a Ninja! (Yeah I know) By that I mean around 8. I went aroudn karate chopping people. At 4-6 my Mom said I wanetd to be a fireman. At 9-11 I wanted to do something with school. Teacher or librarian. I know Im a nerd. Now I wish to pursue something in the media. Television! Maybe cameraman or news reporter!! Yeah Ive always liked that kind of stuff. But you know it's hard to say exactly what I want to be.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
Sagiri

Post by Sagiri »

When I was younger, like, four, my mom told me I said I wanted to be a whale. I know, it's so embeeerrrrreeeeeeessssiiiiiinnnnnnngggggg.

But now I wanna be a video game animator cuz i'm pretty good at drawing people.
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

I wanted to be a clown, a cook, a painter. .

then when I got in high school, I realize I had a passion for finding things out; the who's the what's the when's the how's and the why's. . .So I tried going to school to be a CSI

But my real passion as always been making people happy. So, I'm working on owning my own Inn one day. That's what I'm going to school for. . . and let me tell ya, it's harder than I thought. . .but I love ever single square inch of it.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Eroschilles

Post by Eroschilles »

Since I was a small child I always wanted to be a house husband and raise children. Now, I just want to marry rich and be a proffessional bum. High expectations.
Kagiya

Post by Kagiya »

I don't really remember what I wanted to do when I was really young. I remember wanting to be a Vet for a while. But I can't deal with injured animals. Then after that I decided I wanted to go into the medical field. Initially I wanted to be a physician, but eventually I decided I like the patient care/patient advocacy with nursing, not to mention the flexibility of the field. So now I'm in nursing school, I graduate this year to take the NCLEX exam. Then I have another year for a bachelor of nursing.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

RangerDeon wrote:I wanted to be a clown, a cook, a painter. .

then when I got in high school, I realize I had a passion for finding things out; the who's the what's the when's the how's and the why's. . .So I tried going to school to be a CSI

But my real passion as always been making people happy. So, I'm working on owning my own Inn one day. That's what I'm going to school for. . . and let me tell ya, it's harder than I thought. . .but I love ever single square inch of it.
Don't forget to name it Suikoden Inn. lol! :lol:
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!