Eternal Sonata

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Eternal Sonata

Post by KFCrispy »

tales of Sonata looks really good. an action-like turn-based battle system with real effort that was put into the story and involving Chopin and music in every aspect of the game
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/809/809229p1.html

too bad it's for xbox360 only right now. i'm leaning towards the PS3. but Suikoden will determine the final decision...
thcrock
Global Admin

Re: Eternal Sonata

Post by thcrock »

Yeah, that's the one game that really makes me want a 360.

They haven't said its an 360-exclusive though, so a PS3 port is possible in the future. I won't have the time to play a next-gen system for at least another year (and I probably won't buy one until around when Suikoden VI comes out), so I'm hoping the situation changes by then.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

Looks like it might be a hit.

Hopefully it will get ported to the PS3, maybe with additional features and what not, since that seems to be the trend now. I'll pretty much own a Wii or a PS3 in the near-future, perhaps both. I'm just not digging the Xbox 360, not exacrly a system seller for me. But you never know.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Waylander

Post by Waylander »

Don't know when, but this game is coming to the PS3.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/820/820146p1.html
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

That's exciting, I was in the same boat as everyone else thinking it's finally a reason to get the Xbox 360. Looks like Microsoft loses out again!
Waylander

Post by Waylander »

I don't think this is a terribly high profile title--and I maybe wrong--so it's not much of a gain or anything to brag about for the PS3. But with Blue Dragon bombing and this being the only other Japanese RPG from a major studio (I’m sure there are others) I do think it's a big blow to the Xbox.

For the record, there are plenty of good reasons (software) to buy a 360, but none of them are RPG's. Having said that, I still need Too Human to come out, and rock before I buy one...
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Eternal Sonata may not be high-profile, but it interested me much more than any 360 exclusive I've seen before. If its going multi-platform, there's one less reason to want a 360. But, that's also because I don't have any time to play it in the long period before it gets ported to PS3 - if I actually had the option of playing it anytime soon, that would change things.