Need some opinion of you guys!!!! (tattoo)

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Chaco

Re: Need some opinion of you guys!!!!

Post by Chaco »

Even if I don't play Suikoden anymore, the symbol of the soul eater will still look badass on my wrist.

heh.
Dude your so right. I have the Soul Eater as well and I will always like it. My friends all like it some who don't even know what it is. Even so I don't care what others think. If someone doesn't like my tatoo they can go to hell for all I care.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
Benthos

Post by Benthos »

I actually think it's better if the people don't know what the symbol means. Then, if you just say it's a mystic symbol that you like very much, they will like it too. I don't know, but people who don't know the game, but still know that the symbol is from a game, they could think too childish or even think this was worthless. Not that I would take seriously what the others think, but still this bothers me a little.

I would be only happy to tell the people this is a symbol that changed my life or a symbol of my new self.
chejjjj

Post by chejjjj »

As everyone has said it's ultimately your decision with the tattoo. I got my first tattoo, a tiger across my back, as I find it really relates to me and has meaning. I have been wanting to get a second one for about two years but have had a hard time deciding on one. Just make sure you put alot of thought into it and make sure you'll like it down the road. I am currently thinking of getting the Bright Shield Rune but I want to put it with other pictures, so it will be like a coat of arms kind of thing.
Alayna

Post by Alayna »

Hey, I have the True Wind Rune tattooed on my right hand and I love it. Also, it didn't hurt at all. Someone posted saying it'd hurt, but it only hurts once you get close to the wrist bone (I have boney wrists too, barely felt it). What do you plan on doing when you're older? It is a huge huge problem to have a visible tattoo if you want a real serious office job. I got mine on my hand because I knew I'd do video game art and video game studios don't care either way (I am interning at one now). If you are positive it won't affect your future, go for it. I waited two years or so before I was truly ready to get it on my hand.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

A tatto wont effect your future! Maybe if your going to be a lawer or something but I doubt a job cares that much about it!
-Chaco
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Any job with a dress code will care, I assure you. I don't think you have enough experience with white collared workers Chaco, apperance is very important.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

Any job with a dress code will care, I assure you. I don't think you have enough experience with white collared workers Chaco, apperance is very important.
I am only 18 man! I am still in High-School.
-Chaco
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

That's why children aren't allowed to get tattoos... because most children aren't capable of planning out their future.

Tbh I have had several professors with visible tattoos but as I previously stated I am more than willing to cover mine for my teaching jobs.
Purr.
Benthos

Post by Benthos »

Oppenheimer wrote:Any job with a dress code will care, I assure you. I don't think you have enough experience with white collared workers Chaco, apperance is very important.
Yeah, I totally agree. I know some jobs that if you has a tattoo or a piercing, they won't let you into the job.
Pollensalta wrote:That's why children aren't allowed to get tattoos... because most children aren't capable of planning out their future.

Tbh I have had several professors with visible tattoos but as I previously stated I am more than willing to cover mine for my teaching jobs.
Well in this you're right Poll, children can't see their future ahead so well. I'm 18 too, and don't forget that I want to put the tattoos. But I'm looking forward to be a lawyer now, so I think I can't move this forward.
LTM

Post by LTM »

You could always wear a business suit and black leather gloves to all your job interviews, and claim you have some skin problems on your hands. Of course, LYING isn't a good thing either. Jobs will definitely be less inclined to hire you. Though if you work at a place like a call center, or some place with a very open dress code policy (I worked as a phone rep for Virgin Mobile for awhile and they didn't care as long as you weren't naked or anything) then you might want to consider wearing some gloves that could still look professional, or put the tattoos on another part of your body like Pollensalta said.

Manual labor like construction, and most trades like a locksmith won't care. Maybe something like a bartender or security guard...prison guard or law enforcement. I don't think those types would care. And like Poll said, if a girl doesn't wanna be with you cause of some ink on your skin, they can go piss up a rope! Man that made me laugh.. :lol:

I personally want to get the Soul Eater on my right hand, and the Flowing Rune on my left hand, but I might put them somewhere else on my body due to job related problems. Of course I am considering doing something like bartending or a locksmith, nothing college related (though I have considered translation) so I don't think I'd have too many problems save typical jobs like working at resturants or places like Wal-Mart. Just think about potential problems it could cause you job-related and if its not worth it? Put them someplace not visible. If it won't interfere? Then go for it. As far as being 30 and feeling dumb, I know there are Suikoden fans older than thirty that would probably get tattoos, so if its about feeling less "cool" then I wouldn't worry about it. You can always tell anyone who asks "I dunno meth is a hell of a drug." I'm sure they would understand.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

That's why children aren't allowed to get tattoos... because most children aren't capable of planning out their future.

First of all I take offence to your post. I understand what your trying to say but I am a lot more mature and prepaired then most "Children" my age. Although I don't consider myself a child, I just act immature online because I don' know anyone here and it doesn't matter what I say as long as it's not breakign any rules.
Lastly I am "planning" on becoming a teacher, and I have planned out my future. I am out of high school in September, then into College. I will spend around 2 years there then go into Univercity using a joint programe the college I'm going into has by getting high marks. If I don't manage high enough marks I will go into Social Work with my Aunt who 100% will get me a job with them. If that isn't a planned out future I don't know what is.

Oh yeah and I was allowed to get a tattoo since were I live it's legal to get one when your 18.
-Chaco
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Didn't mean to offend, it was just a general statement.
it also still stands.
Good for you for knowing what you want to do, though. From experience I can say that it takes a huge amount of commitment and dedication, and also that some changes in plans must be accepted along the way sometimes. But the payoff is well worth it.
Purr.
Benthos

Post by Benthos »

Chaco wrote:

First of all I take offence to your post. I understand what your trying to say but I am a lot more mature and prepaired then most "Children" my age. Although I don't consider myself a child, I just act immature online because I don' know anyone here and it doesn't matter what I say as long as it's not breakign any rules.
Lastly I am "planning" on becoming a teacher, and I have planned out my future. I am out of high school in September, then into College. I will spend around 2 years there then go into Univercity using a joint programe the college I'm going into has by getting high marks. If I don't manage high enough marks I will go into Social Work with my Aunt who 100% will get me a job with them. If that isn't a planned out future I don't know what is.

Oh yeah and I was allowed to get a tattoo since were I live it's legal to get one when your 18.
Chaco, please, don't get offended by that. I finished High-school last year, and I'm completely lost about who I am and what I want to do with my life. The country I live is in a very difficult situation, where many people want a job to get money, and more than half of them end up not making through. I'm one of them. I'm always changing my mind about what I want to do, first it was a chemical, after a lawyer and now maybe an architect or engineer. When you finish school you'll probably go through this too, although I hope this to not happen to you.

Well, coming back to the tattoo thread, I decided I will put the runes on my hands, the hell with the rest. I just need the proper money and the proper person to do that. My dream is that Kat Von D makes the tattoo on me, but this isn't possible now.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

I don't know what country you live in or what they think about tattoos, but I strongly encourage you NOT to have a tattoo put on your hand.

Think about it. I want to be a college professor. I have tattoos on my forearms, so I plan to wear long sleeves. I don't mind it, it looks professional anyways, and I think I look good in dress shirts anyways.
If I had a tattoo on my hand, what would I do to cover it up? Wear gloves? Yeah right.
Purr.
Benthos

Post by Benthos »

Pollensalta wrote:I don't know what country you live in or what they think about tattoos, but I strongly encourage you NOT to have a tattoo put on your hand.

Think about it. I want to be a college professor. I have tattoos on my forearms, so I plan to wear long sleeves. I don't mind it, it looks professional anyways, and I think I look good in dress shirts anyways.
If I had a tattoo on my hand, what would I do to cover it up? Wear gloves? Yeah right.
Well, your opinion shaked me a lot now, Poll. Once more I have the doubt on my head. The truth is that I'm angry with this, because I think the tattoo is a part of enjoying the life, and you'll practically lose a part of your life because a job you need won't accept it.

And by the way, the country I live is Brazil.