Tucking In One's Shirt

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Tucking In One's Shirt

Post by dragonmasterx »

Do you tuck in your shirt? Why or why not?

I don't really like tucking it in, as it feels uncomfortable. But I always do when wearing a suit, as it seems to be the standard.

Those of you who wear button-up shirts to work, do you see all 100% of your co-workers with their shirts tucked in?

I've also seen people tucking in T-Shirts into jeans in the summer as casual dress. So I guess it's not exclusive to formal situations.
thcrock
Global Admin

Re: Tucking In One's Shirt

Post by thcrock »

I tuck in any shirt that buttons up, but thats it. Tucking in t-shirts just looks....wrong.
MaskedBishop

Post by MaskedBishop »

I tuck in my shirts in general, regardless. Just somethin' I do, I don't have an opinion either way on someone who doesnt. I don't think "my my, what an uncultured swine!" or anything, just like mine tucked in.

When i first started work, one of my co-workers was like "hey, you dont have to tuck in your shirt, man." i was like ."... huh? oh nah, I tuck in my street clothes too." lol.
Michael Easton

Post by Michael Easton »

If I'm working in an office environment (which I haven't for quite some time now) I'll have my shirt tucked in, otherwise I don't - it would just be too weird and uncomfortable.
Falenan_descent

Post by Falenan_descent »

Never, ever unless its super formal. Otherwise, to me, its incredibly uncomfortable and I feel nerdy -_-
Mojim

Post by Mojim »

Falenan_descent wrote:Never, ever unless its super formal. Otherwise, to me, its incredibly uncomfortable and I feel nerdy -_-
same here -________________-
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

It depends on what sort of shirt you're wearing and what other clothing you're gonna wear under or over the shirt.
For example, if you're gonna wear a vest that is shorter than your shirt, you'd typically want to tuck your shirt in so it doesn't hang under the vest. However, depending on how you coordinate your clothes, it may look better to have your shirt hang out below your vest. Even with suits, sometimes it can be justified to not tuck in your shirt under the suit--but most of the time you'd probably be better off tucking in when in a suit.

Personally, I rarely if ever tuck my shirt in, even at work (nobody really does where I work, as it's a research & development environment and being too formal tends to destroy creativity, etc). It just feels a bit too constricting and controlled when things are tucked in.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Depends on if I'm wearing a belt. At work if I'm wearing a belt I'll tuck, as the belt makes it fancy and not nerdy. If I'm not wearing a belt then I untuck.

Away from work I never tuck.
MaskedBishop

Post by MaskedBishop »

well yah, I always wear a belt. Black and ringed with smiley faces ;) how could I not tuck my shirt in and show that off :P
Quing

Post by Quing »

I tuck in button-up shirts always. T-shirts I usually only tuck in for costuming purposes. Other than that, I usually just leave it untucked.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

Tucking in shirts feels awfully uncomfortable, ofcourse if you have a belly it might cause it to stick out a lot more than you would want it to be.

Now, if you have a belt, lets say...with an awesome belt-buckle, sure tuck it in if you want to show it off. I think it is silly that you have to tuck it in because it is professional and formal.

But one thing that does benefit some people from tucking in their shirt, which some can't help, is the dreadful plumbers crack :oops:
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Twelve

Post by Twelve »

Tucking in shirts doesn't make sense for girls these days... =_=;; I mean...90% of girl's tops are short enough that it's unnecessary to tuck them in. T-shirts look pretty ridiculous tucked-in (as others have mentioned).
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

I usually go untucked unless it's something formal. However I think that people that "front-tuck" should be dragged out to a field and shot.
PSN: FreshMetal80
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Front tuck? As in tucking the front and not the back? I don't think I've ever seen that done.
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

I've heard people say "I tucked in my shirt" or something like that.

Isn't it redundant? I mean, the word tuck itself is to put something inside, so why add the word "in"?