Too many port/remakes of early Final Fantasy games?

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
EternalOnslaught

Re: Too many port/remakes of early Final Fantasy games?

Post by EternalOnslaught »

I don't know yet, but are they re-releasing the other NES/SNES era final fantasies for the PSP? Maybe even Mystic Quest :mrgreen: not really, that game was badly done. They are re-releasing Star Ocean 1 and 2 on the PSP soon as well, I REALLY hope they make it stateside :D

wolverine81 wrote:I like the fact that they are releasing FF1 and FF2 on PSP because as of right now there aren't any good RPG's on PSP that I can find and even though I own those two games on every console that I have I never get tired of them. If anyone know of any good RPG's on PSP let me know what is available. I wish they would have released Suikoden 1 & 2 on the PSP here in america like they did in Japan.
Actually, they have a few good ones, I have one of the best in my grasps, Valkyrie Profile Lenneth 8), I think there will be several good RPGS released on the PSP soon, even if they are just remakes or ports, I even heard that they are going to port Disgaea to the PSP.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

honestly, it's probably pretty cheap to port it and rerelease games, so from a business stand-point, why not?
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I hadn't heard of the FFIV re-release on DS until now. I think it's better to update the graphics at least than to just straight port the games and leave them unchanged (or worse ala Final Fantasy Anthology). Now if they'd just do that for Chrono Trigger and FFVII then I'll be happy.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

It's basically a remake of FFIV with the FFIII DS engine.

I'm not a fan of it from an aesthetic point of view, mostly because the game is extremely faithful to Amano's art (I'm definitely not a fan of his) and the physics engine will probably not be fixed from FFIII.

I've seriously gotten stuck in walls quite a few times in FFIIIDS, I've even tried (and succeeded) to dive into solid rock with the submarine and walk on water. Not that those bugs took away from the core game, though. I just hated grinding levels and getting stuck in a wall after a half hour of grinding (thus losing that grind time).
Formerly known as: Gothann
Lord_Amesius

Post by Lord_Amesius »

IMO you can never have too much FF.
Waylander

Post by Waylander »

As much as I hate the rehashing shenanigans I think Squenix is brilliant for doing it. They have made a killing with their DS offerings for little, to not a lot of money. Now that they have announced remakes for DragonWarrior IV-VI I don't think they will ever have financial problems. (I'm betting right now Japan shuts down when these come out.)

Furthermore these profits no doubt help fund other projects: The Last Remnant (an original IP) and FF XIII - FF LCM. These games will make money but I can't believe the ratio of profit to expense will be as great as their DS titles though the dollars may be equal or perhaps even greater.