Suikoden Fangame Project

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
MaskedBishop

Re: I need your help Suikosource Community!

Post by MaskedBishop »

Thought I'd pop in witha third suggestion to add to my last two.

The Succession War.

Barbarossa Rugner would most likely be Tenkai and we'd see lots of our old friends, Humphrey, Georg Prime, Teo McDohl, Milich Oppenheimer and many of the Generals of Suikoden 1, Alen and Grenseal, Pahn, Cleo, Kasim Hazil and Mathiu Silverberg, etc etc.

Otherwise, i cant help you too much on specific instances for the first fire bringer war, as I prolly have alot less in-detail knowledge about whats been revealed than some other people around here. However I have been having some interesting ideas, when i get to time to formulate and organize them, I'll let ya know.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Here are sample screenshots from an in-the-making Suikoden-like game made in RPG Maker XP (acquired from the intarweb).

You might find them useful?

http://www.xs4all.nl/~sanderq/ef2007_09.jpg
http://www.xs4all.nl/~sanderq/ef2007_11.jpg
http://www.xs4all.nl/~sanderq/ef2007_12.jpg
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

patapi wrote:Here are sample screenshots from an in-the-making Suikoden-like game made in RPG Maker XP (acquired from the intarweb).

You might find them useful?

http://www.xs4all.nl/~sanderq/ef2007_09.jpg
http://www.xs4all.nl/~sanderq/ef2007_11.jpg
http://www.xs4all.nl/~sanderq/ef2007_12.jpg
Oh man that looks awesome. This has GOT to be made. I think it would be better to make a Suikoden spinoff on a part of the history that is pretty shady and you could just make up. Highest rebellion is ok, Succesion War was always awesome.
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.
Pokerface

Post by Pokerface »

I NEED THIS FAN MADE SUIKODEN!!!! Please, please, please!!! Bring that game to us friend!!! I know it's going to take A LOT of time.. but this is worth waiting. War of Succession with Barbarossa Rugner as the Tenkai Star... and then seeing our old Friends again would make me VERY HAPPY!!

Pokerface
Mess with the best, die like the rest!
http://www.suikoden3.de
MFGGJ

Post by MFGGJ »

Okay It seems you people are really voting for the Succession War.
This will probably be the best idea to work with.
I will study the Succession War and then, I will inform you if this is the Timeline I will choose...
Till then, reply with more Ideas for the game, please.

PS: If there is someone familiar with RPG Maker XP I would be more than pleased to see us team up.
Are you a fan of Suikoden Games and would like to help developing one?
Then look at the following and think about joining the team!

Suikoden Fan Game Thread
Pokerface

Post by Pokerface »

Well during that War of Succession we need to mention the Kalekka Incident, right? And Humpfrey's part of the Story there. Then Leon Silverburg's involvement in it. Then we need to have Mathiu as a Strategist with his 2 disciples SHU and APPLE!!!111
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

...and cameos galore!
Futagi

Post by Futagi »

Hmm...I have a question. Are you looking for just Suikoden history research/ story ideas for the game or are you looking for character designers and the like as well?
Hello Suikoden-type people:D
MFGGJ

Post by MFGGJ »

Futagi wrote:Hmm...I have a question. Are you looking for just Suikoden history research/ story ideas for the game or are you looking for character designers and the like as well?
Are you Character Designer?

You are welcome to give me any information you have about the timeline, you are also welcome to share story ideas with me (that in private though, cause your ideas are almost certain to make it into the game) and if you are an Character Designer and want to join my most ambitious idea to start an Suikoden Fangame it would be my pleasure to have you in my team.

This Thread was only made for the Timeline suggestion, but anybody who wants to help the project in an other way is welcome to.

Suikoden Fan Game Thread
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

It will be awesome becuase a large majority of the characters are already outlined but the story and details itself are very shady but Im sure you will work wonders with it.

Teo and Brabarossa as well as meeting Pahn and Gremio for the first time. May even get a chance to see Tir's mother.
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Pokerface wrote:Well during that War of Succession we need to mention the Kalekka Incident, right? And Humpfrey's part of the Story there. Then Leon Silverburg's involvement in it. Then we need to have Mathiu as a Strategist with his 2 disciples SHU and APPLE!!!111

Nah, Kalekka happened years after the Succession War.
Pokerface

Re: Suikoden Fangame Project

Post by Pokerface »

Hi there!

Any news from the project? I'll be happy to see some screenshots :)
MaskedBishop

Post by MaskedBishop »

I think Robin is still in the development/story and concept portion of the game, hopefully if i have the time, I'm gonna be using my meager knowledge to help her out.

Definately one thing I'd like to see is Asam kidnapping Tir in an attempt to blackmail Teo, Age and Gremio save Tir.

I am currently working on a document for suikosource (hopefully theyll use it, or at best I'll post it in the forums and at least hope they sticky it or somethin') that allows you to pull up a list of characters by EVENT instead of just alphabetical order. (So Clicking 'Succession war' would provide you a list of all those that participated in the succession war) after i finish that i should be able to offer abit more help.
MFGGJ

Post by MFGGJ »

MaskedBishop wrote:I think Robin is still in the development/story and concept portion of the game, hopefully if i have the time, I'm gonna be using my meager knowledge to help her out.

Definately one thing I'd like to see is Asam kidnapping Tir in an attempt to blackmail Teo, Age and Gremio save Tir.

I am currently working on a document for suikosource (hopefully theyll use it, or at best I'll post it in the forums and at least hope they sticky it or somethin') that allows you to pull up a list of characters by EVENT instead of just alphabetical order. (So Clicking 'Succession war' would provide you a list of all those that participated in the succession war) after i finish that i should be able to offer abit more help.
Yeah! Me and L....I mean MaskedBishop here are still working on the Story part, cause without that there is no game.
I think I can speak for us all when I say that the story has to be perfect before starting everything up.

P.S. : By the way I am a Male! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Last edited by MFGGJ on Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Suikoden Fan Game Thread
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

Well I think the best thing to start out with is a basic timeline of events during the succession war, there is a timline here on suikosources web. So I think once you get the mahor details down you can start filling in the detials in between. I wish I could offer more advice.