FF Tactics

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
VinceValentine

Re: FF Tactics

Post by VinceValentine »

Lol i know i havent posted on here in awhile... in like a month i think? I've just been busy with stuff... barely any free time. /sob ; ; But anyways i'll have to agree with you Oppenheimer... Shining force Neo just sucks and i felt like scraping my eyes out with broken glass after i finished it... that game can seriously make you emo. It took me forever to beat it... not only do the voice actors and story suck but to get all the good armor and weapons you have to go through all these dungeons and fight hundreds of Legions(monsters) at once and the Lightning dragon hive was such a b!tch and so was the Arc dragon hive... that by itself took me weeks to level up and power up my magic and defense and ect just to beat them... the other Legion hives were kinda easy though... so was the final boss lol. Its just extremely hard to get all the way to the end where the final boss is and believe me if you continue to play it which i'd suggest you get your money back cause its not really worth all those aggervating and painful hours, but if you do continue with it then you're soo brave!! But seriously you will wind up getting killed a lot even on normal enemies... i was so disapointed how much of a craptacular game Shining force has become... how could SEGA do that to such a wonderful game?!?!??!?! UGHHHH!!! I guess all good things come to end eventually... /sob. Seriously get your money back though... you just wasted it on one of the worst games in history IMO lol.

Anyway about FF Tactics, i'll have to agree with you Sonic.. Monks are awesome... they just do so much damage and i always like bashing something in the face with my bare fists anyway. :p Ofcourse the "divine" holiness magi that they use is cool but i like the martials arts of Monk better... ofcourse in real life a Monk really doesnt have anything to do with Kung fu... a Monk is more spirtual then anything in real life so its good that they give the fist bashers some type of divine power as well. But yeah you and me kinda think alike Sonic lol. I love making weaksauce people into fierocous beasts. :D
Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing the self is enlightenment.
Conquering others is power;
conquering the self is strength.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

With the new addtional classes in the PSP version of Final Fantasy Tactics, I hope the Dark Knight gets more techniques than those lously ones in the original version, also what exactly does the onion knight do and its abilities?
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
VinceValentine

Post by VinceValentine »

I've never actually heard of the onion knight myself... whats it supposed to do chop onion's near people and make their eyes all watery? lol
Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing the self is enlightenment.
Conquering others is power;
conquering the self is strength.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

The Dark Knight has more abilities than Night and Dark Sword.

The Onion Knight is basically a special class that gains more power as you master more and more jobs. When you master all of the other jobs, the Onion Knight is basically strong enough to wipe out entire enemy armies by itself.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Lupine

Post by Lupine »

While the cut scenes in ST are strange and longwinded. And while this results in a low rating of the 'story' for ST it could not possibly be worse then any version of FFT.

ST has excellent design and good production value. It has depth and solid theory which greatly enhance the replayability of the game. Where as FFT had some theory but then totally failed to execute it. FFT is ultimatley flawed on many levels including map size, uphill battles and creature recruitment.

I'm glad SF was brought up. ST may very well be the spiritual successor to SF. The FFT's are the sad mutant children of squeenix.

that is all.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

I see the two as completely different "animals".

On one hand, we get games that relies more on applied battlefield tactics with reduced micromanagement. This applies to titles like Suikoden Tactics, Shining Force, Fire Emblem, Tear Ring Saga, etc. Both party slots and the maps tend to be larger in these games, correct?

On the other hand, we get complicated mechanics with heavy focus on customisation that battles tend to rely more on the choice and customisation of the units that you employ, rather than on how well you tactical maneuvers outperform the AI. Not saying that they don't have any of it, but it's just that having a good party combination matters so much more, notwithstanding the limited party slot. Games under this heading includes Nippon Ichi's titles, Tactics Ogre, Hoshigami/Stella Deus, and of course Final Fantasy Tactics.

Our uniqueness tend to make us different, and obviously we would like different things. Ultimately I wouldn't say one is absolutely better than the other: your personal preferences are all that matter.