What is your name and what does it mean?

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Kagiya

Re: What is your name and what does it mean?

Post by Kagiya »

No no. XD
Here in the US my first name is Emily
In Japan, my first name is Emiri on my documents, Emiri is a japanese name so it could be written in Kanji, but since my mother based the name off the English name it is written in Katakana.

My middle name is Michiko in both countries. Which is kinda weird in Japan since they don't have middle names there. In that the Kanji (chinese character) meaning beauty is used for the Mi, a kanji meaning wisdom is used for the chi part, and the kanji for child is used for the ko part of the name.

I hold dual citizenship so I have documentation for both countries.
Bernadette Egan

Post by Bernadette Egan »

My first name is Tiffany. I read a while back that it means Trinity, or three. My middle name is Lynne. I don't know what it means, but my mom added the E at the end because my dad's name is Lynn and she wanted it to be different. My brother's name is also Lynn. My last name is Alfonso. I read that it means "Noble and ready" or "ready for battle". And it's Spanish.
I used to think that I was Islenos, but recently I found out I'm really Spanish. That and Irish and/or German. I dunno. We could be wrong.
Shinsengumi

Post by Shinsengumi »

The name's: Yahya

Meaning: "He who lives/survives"
"In war, truth is the first casualty" ~ Aeschylus
dkwrtw

Post by dkwrtw »

My name is Aron, which means "mountaineer" or "mount of strength".
Crowley Reborn

Post by Crowley Reborn »

Preston
Meaning: Priest's estate.

...and malcolm, I was in an episode of malcolm in the middle... i love that show... :D
Check out The Old Kingdom Ardänia series, starting with the first book, Vermillion Skies
http://www.facebook.com/prbison
http://www.facebook.com/vermillionskies1
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

Isaac. It is of Hebrew origin, and its meaning is "laughter".

Not Gods helm or anything like that, but I laugh a lot so I suppose it's appropriate lol. :lol:
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
Sagiri

Post by Sagiri »

My name is Julia and it means "Youthful" in latin. My middle name is Marie and it means "Bitter" in latin. My last name is White and it is self-explanitory.
I've always liked my name, Julia Marie White. Somewhere along the line Alice Gray married Fay White. It's kinda funny.

I'm a youthful yet bitter white girl. :D
Last edited by Sagiri on Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.
Eroschilles

Post by Eroschilles »

My name is Theodore Wesley Peck.

Theodore means 'gift of God'

Wesley means 'west meadow'

Peck is from around 1086 and a result of the Doomsday Book and probably came from a misspelling of 'peak,' as in mountain. It has current meanings of a quick kissing motion and a unit of measurement that is equals 16 dry pints.
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

SO my name is Dave and i hate it because it is such a normal boring name, There isnt even a suikoden character named dave! boo anyways, my full name is David Julian Agostinelli and it means.

David - Beloved or friend. The Old Testament David killed the giant Goliath in 10th Century BC, then succeeded Saul as King of Israel.

Julian - Youthful. Jove's child. From Latin 'Julianus'. Form of Julius and family clan name of several powerful Roman emperors. In the Middle Ages, the name Julian was used for children of either gender, but is now used as a boy's name.

Agostinelli - Italian: from a pet form of the personal name Agosto (see Augustus).Humanistic re-creation of the Latin personal name Augustus on the basis of its medieval vernacular derivatives, principally August. The Latin name is from an adjective meaning ‘venerable'.

So basically my full name means, Beloved Youthful Venerable. :)
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor
King Krimson

Post by King Krimson »

Well my name is Euan..

Origin:
Gaelic

Meaning:
Born from the yew tree; youth
(What the hell is that suppose to mean!? x.x)

Additional info:
Possibly means 'born of the yew' in Old Celtic. It was a very popular name among the early Scottish.
It may have been influenced by the Greek name Eugene, which comes from Greek Eugenios (noble) and was held by a seventh-century pope.

Some also see it as being derived from êoghunn (youth).

It is anglicized as Owen in Wales, Ewen and Youenn in Brittany, Eoin in Ireland and the Isle of Man, and the variants overlap with forms of John.
Variants of this name occur in all part of the Celtic world.

In Northern Ireland, the name Eoghan is often accompanied by Roe in memory of the Irish patriot Eoghan Ruadh O'Neill.
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/1542/banner2bq6.gif

Luc - "then your definition of freedom is the ability to walk around a giant cell with an invisible leash around your neck"
kte03

Post by kte03 »

My name is JR = John Reginald. Lawl it means a great ruler of some sort. I read it in this name dictionary.

My brothers' names all start with a J and each stands for a John :lol:
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

My last name is Gloster, which came from Gloschester who knew the royal family in Englind! o_O'

My middle names are David and Robert (I have two what a pain) I don't know Robert, i know David was a guy from the bible who killed a giant with a stone!
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

My name's Kian Erika G. Ylanan. I always write that in every legal document.

Kian > A GUY's name X(
Persian: "King". Gaelic: "Ancient"

>My parents just mixed both their names to form that. They didn't have a clue that it belonged to a guy.

Erika > "Eternal Ruler", "forever", "alone"
>Again, my parents mixed names. I heard it's from Old Norse/ Scandinavian; a female form of Erik.

(G) Gonzales >I dunno what that means in Spanish.

Ylanan > I have no idea what that is. The peeps here in Canada say it like "Yeh-lah-nan" But it's pronounced "Ih-lah-nan"

I am flattered with the meanings of my first names. And yeah, if you're confused about what kind of creature I am. I'm Chinese-Spanish-(Japanese)-Filipino.
"I wish that days like this could just go on forever....." -Snowe Vingerhut

http://www.kian-sama.deviantart.com | http://saintdouchebag.tumblr.com/
Hey babycakes ;D
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Gonzales: Son of Gonzalo

Gonzalo: "Purportedly derived from Old High German gund- "war" combined with salve or salvo, which have various meanings. Other sources derive it from the Visigothic name gundisalv meaning "battle genius" or "war elf."

So Gonzales means son of the battle genius..?

Nope, I'm not a Spanish (though 1/8 of my blood is. :lol: ) nor a walking dictionary.

Thanks, Wikipedia! :D
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

Yaay thanks Runemaster ;D
"I wish that days like this could just go on forever....." -Snowe Vingerhut

http://www.kian-sama.deviantart.com | http://saintdouchebag.tumblr.com/
Hey babycakes ;D