Natural Affinity?

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
KC_MCDOHL

Re: Natural Affinity?

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

I actually have a few hobbies ''Sonic''. I enjoy cycling, hillwalking, sightseeing, reading, football (soccer for you yanks,) music and writing amongst other things. Putting people down infront of others via the internet aint one of my hobbies. Perhaps you should get a new one?

I'm sorry for double posting, I was just getting rather frustrated.
Sonic

Post by Sonic »

My apologies if you were offended, it was never my intention. It may have come off a bit snide, but I was being sincere. You painted a picture of yourself as a melancholic lost soul, staring out a window from your cubicle dreamily imagining a fictional world and wishing to God you could really be there- I couldn't help but have a bit of pity. But with as many hobbies as you have got, I don't really see how you could have such a pronounced ennui.

As someone with no qualifications to be giving out advice, I suggest: travel. If you like cycling, maybe a cycling tour? I know time and money are always an issue, and that very few people can just shove a change of clothes and a sandwich into a backpack and hit the road, but hey, isn't that what an adventure really is?

And again, I'm sorry if I offended you.
Yeah!
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

No problems, I'm sorry too. Looks like we both got off on the wrong foot. I agree with what your saying and I suppose all one can do in this situation is to try and better the reality that they do have. Life is not easy for anyone, no one really gets it easy but it is that little harder if you have deep seated reality complexes lol. I enjoy listening to Suikoden and FF7 soundtracks whilst climbing the hills here in Scotland, discovering new villages and people but it still lacks the feeling I experienced back in those days. I guess I just miss those days and am desperatly seeking out people who are in the same predicament as I. Aaaah nostalgia, eh?
Sagiri

Re: big way

Post by Sagiri »

KC_MCDOHL wrote:Yea, I suppose thats what I'm reffreing to. Not only do these things make you sad or angry, but do they affect your life in a BIG way?
Yup. Since elementary school (during this period, I was also into the living dead dolls and creepy things, ie haunted houses and movies like Chucky, etc. Suikoden was a big break for my eight-year-old self, so don't take my experiences into serious consideration).

On the other hand, everyone I have met who plays Suikoden has been permanently affected by it. It's just one of those games you can't forget, so you end up being hooked on it whether you like it or not.
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

Well I would have to argue that I may be one of the most obsessed with suikoden....seeing as though I have 7 of the true runes PERMANENTLY tattooed on my body for the rest of my life heh heh, also I started playing it when it first came out, I was in 7th grade, ever since then I have almost been basing my actual appearance on our good friend Viktor lol, my hair is like his, and when I go to the gym and work out every day i am always like "gotta look like viktor, gotta be big like viktor" so in a way, it has really helped my physique ;) seeing as though I am pretty buff/ripped like him now haha ;p
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

lol thats serious dedication - I like it ;) Seen the pics of your tats a while back btw, sweet. You thinkin of getting anymore? I cant validate you're ''most obsessed with Suikoden'' status until you get a Rune on your forehead :D
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

hahhaa of course I am getting more!!! If I had the money I would have all the known true runes already! well I haven't gotten the True Water Rune yet....it is my all time fav. so I have to do something special for that one...I was thinking either getting it on my right hand (true dedication) or on my side with a combination of the Leviathan summon (my all time fav final fantasy summon) Yeah If you couldn't tell I am a bit obsessed with the water element as well haha! but yeah dude there is no problem with totally getting into Suikoden, hell I tell people I base my life on this game! I'm not ashamed!! ;p
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

TrueWater00 wrote: yeah dude there is no problem with totally getting into Suikoden, hell I tell people I base my life on this game! I'm not ashamed!! ;p

This is excellent! Its amazing how the feel of the game follows you everywhere and never truly leaves you. Once Suikoden (especially the first two) has its hooks in you, you never really view life the same way again lol! Its good know this is quite a common occurence amongs all Suikoden fans :D
Sagiri

Post by Sagiri »

TrueWater00 wrote:hahhaa of course I am getting more!!! If I had the money I would have all the known true runes already! well I haven't gotten the True Water Rune yet....it is my all time fav. so I have to do something special for that one...I was thinking either getting it on my right hand (true dedication) or on my side with a combination of the Leviathan summon (my all time fav final fantasy summon) Yeah If you couldn't tell I am a bit obsessed with the water element as well haha! but yeah dude there is no problem with totally getting into Suikoden, hell I tell people I base my life on this game! I'm not ashamed!! ;p
Jeez, David. Good for you, Viktor is your role model! Everything you said is pretty true. You get hooked on Suikoden all too easily, don't you? :D
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

yes its true, but who wouldn't want to be hooked on suikoden!!! beats the hell out of hooked on phonics!! :)
Sagiri

Post by Sagiri »

Feh, guess I can't really blame you. I wanna be like Sierra. I'm gonna bleach my hair white when im done w the blue.
Crowley Reborn

Post by Crowley Reborn »

And here I thought I was alone in my obsession. No joke, Suikoden 1 and 2 were practically my entire childhood. The first came out when I was like six or seven, and I've been playing ever since. I still deep down wish the suikoverse was somewhere I could travel to... Words cannot express my love for these games. ...I've got the Rune of Beginning on my shoulder, and I'm workin towards more...
Check out The Old Kingdom Ardänia series, starting with the first book, Vermillion Skies
http://www.facebook.com/prbison
http://www.facebook.com/vermillionskies1
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

Ya dude so true, I was in 7th grade when the first suikoden came out, and have been Sickly Obsessed ever since lol
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

So glad to know I'm not the only one :) ....could shed a small tear x
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

ahh yes, my Scotland Brother, you are not the only one here obsessed!! ;p Don't you worry about that!! ;o