Donnie Darko

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
EternalOnslaught

Donnie Darko

Post by EternalOnslaught »

I'm bored out of my mind, so here it goes...Does anyone agree with me that Donnie Darko was a pretty good movie? If you haven't seen it, you should. Well, that is if you enjoy your mind getting raped.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
warmaster670

Post by warmaster670 »

i dont know, i only watched it cause i used ot have a huge crush on Jena Malone.

suppose it was definelty interesting
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

It had an interesting take on time travel. Just like with many other deep philosophical movies, I don't understand it all, so I cheat by reading the explanations at imdb.
Spiraling Entropy

Post by Spiraling Entropy »

Awesome movie.
In Digitized Remorse
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

I really liked it. It dealt with alot of issues such as fate and destiny as well as learning to accept the inevitable. Donni Darko is a real tear jearker for me. Its one of the most interesting movies Ive ever watched and really made me think.

Fight Club is the only movie that has actually affected my life. It really helped me get more layed back in life and kinda be less bothered about stuff.

I agree though if you have'nt seen Donnie Darko give it a watch, It'll leave you baffled but you'll love it.
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.
Spiraling Entropy

Post by Spiraling Entropy »

Exactly. Who can't love Frank the bunny?
In Digitized Remorse
AteTrack

Post by AteTrack »

it's a great movie.. and also jena malone is a hottie, so that was another reason to watch it. also, patrick swayze.
EternalOnslaught

I'm glad we can agree that Donnie Darko was an awesome movie. I also love how they portrayed Patrick Swayze and his rather malicious role.
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

Yeah I liked it where Donnie confronts Swayzie in the assembly. There are plenty of life coachs and sudo therapists out there that try and offer qiuck fire solutions to serious problems. I like how Donnie puts it to him but how patrick responds is also very interesting becuase even though what Donnie was saying was brutally true its funny how willing people are willing to turn their backs on obvious solutions and look towards the easier path. You gotta love Donnie Darko
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.
EternalOnslaught

I also like how he had that huge skeleton in the closet, when Donnie torched his house. I was intrigued by grandma death(forgot her original name) and Drew Barrymore was pretty good too.
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

You know what? I never noticed that little cinematic metaphor lol. Learn something new everyday!
EternalOnslaught

I was a little disappointed at the ending of the movie, but it made sense the way it ended. I won't say what happen, just incase anyone who reads this topic hasn't watched the movie, but I recommand it.
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

I love endings that "do what needs to be done" if you know what I mean? I hate stereotypical happy endings in movies and although I think the donnie darko ending is good Its the movie itself that makes me love it.
Michael Easton

Post by Michael Easton »

I didn't enjoy it personally and I'd agree with Kevin Smith's analysis of it: the director took a bunch of different ideas, threw them together and filmed it.
KC_MCDOHL

Re: Donnie Darko

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

I though it was an absaloutely awesome film. It is almost impossible to understand (almost) without the answers bieng force fed to you in The Directors Cut. But the original is still better. Richard Kelly has a tendency to try way too hard to tell a complex story but I think he pulled it off perfectly with Donnie Darko. A wonderful story about spiritual science. And the soundtrack is one of the best ever in recent years imo. Although mightly depressing lol