Playstation 3

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

psx downloads on ps3 for psp-play only??? what the heck.. http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2006/12/06 ... e_service/
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

I guess the plan is that some people will be stupid enough to buy a PS3 just so they can play PS1 games on their PSP's? Sad part is that some people probably are.

Certainly wasn't what I imagined when they started talking about downloading games to the PSP, I thought that would entail actually downloading games to the PSP.

It's almost as if someone at Sony said "Well, we've been successful with two consoles, now let's try failing with two." and then they decided on that. It starting to look like they actually want to lose their market share.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

It just depends on the pricing. If they could knock down the price of rare games like Suikoden 2 down to ten bucks, they've got my vote.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
warmaster670

Post by warmaster670 »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:I guess the plan is that some people will be stupid enough to buy a PS3 just so they can play PS1 games on their PSP's? Sad part is that some people probably are.

Certainly wasn't what I imagined when they started talking about downloading games to the PSP, I thought that would entail actually downloading games to the PSP.
you will be able to, just not right now, give it a few months while they make it
Raging Barows Brat

Post by Raging Barows Brat »

KFCrispy wrote:psx downloads on ps3 for psp-play only??? what the heck..
Could this also be their so-called answer to the rumored problem that the system is not 100% backwards compatible? Just spend a little more on the PSP and all your worries are over? I honestly think they do these things on purpose. I’m with those of you who say wait a couple years. By then the price will be down and hopefully the stupid kinks and glitches ironed out, too.
Alcholism is a disease, but it's like the only disease that you can get yelled at for having. "Dammit, Otto, you're an alcoholic." "Dammit, Otto, you have lupus." One of those two doesn't sound right. --Mitch Hedberg
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

you will be able to, just not right now, give it a few months while they make it
It's been, what, a year since they announced the ability already. There's an expiration date on these things and it's approaching fast. By the time they get around to it people will already have traded in their PSP's for something else.

The logical way of doing things would have been to make it the way they announced it first, then add the PS3 thing.

If they were less concerned with trying to stop homebrewers and more on actually making the things they promised and good games rather than rehashes of old ones the PSP might actually boost in sales.
killey

Post by killey »

I think they are saying that you'll be able to play downloaded psx games on the PSP as well as the PS3, not just the PSP.
Raging Barows Brat

Post by Raging Barows Brat »

I think they are saying that you'll be able to play downloaded psx games on the PSP as well as the PS3, not just the PSP.
Ok, if that is something that was already a feature, then it doesn't infuriate me. I was just making sure it wasn't a proposed "fix" for the incompatibility issue. Oh, well, I still don't plan on buying a PSP, and still don't plan on buying a PS3 til they come down considerably. ;)
Alcholism is a disease, but it's like the only disease that you can get yelled at for having. "Dammit, Otto, you're an alcoholic." "Dammit, Otto, you have lupus." One of those two doesn't sound right. --Mitch Hedberg
Greywolf

Post by Greywolf »

Raging Barows Brat wrote: Oh, well, I still don't plan on buying a PSP, and still don't plan on buying a PS3 til they come down considerably. ;)
Yeah, very good idea... How much did PS2 cost when it first came out? I bought it used for $80 a long while later... it's not like its games are any worse now, anyway. :D

In any case, it also makes sense to buy the PS3 later because there really aren't too many games out for it now... I went to Blockbuster with a friend to rent a movie, and took a look at the PS3 section -- not too much there compared to the other consoles.
Persmerga

Post by Persmerga »

Playstation 3 cost £300 in UK so im guessing about $586 in US i believe?

[EDIT]Meant PS2 to answer question before sorry[EDIT]
Last edited by Persmerga on Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some hooligan keeps disconnecting the alarm. I told Security to look into it. But no, no, they'd rather catch the guy who's stealing organs from the transplant ward!!
Night

Post by Night »

Persmerga wrote:Playstation 3 cost £300 in UK so im guessing about $586 in US i believe?
PS3 is gonna cost about £450, so we're hearing from the Sony reps.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Persmerga

Post by Persmerga »

Meant to answer how much PS2 cost on UK release as now noted above.

From what i heard the top PS3 model will cost £450 and the lower model will cost a little less and last i worked out the highre model would be a better purchase taking into conideration what extra your getting for top model and difference in price.*

*Worked out last monthon last known UK information and prices could still have changed since so links and known info would be appreciated relevant to UK cheers.
Some hooligan keeps disconnecting the alarm. I told Security to look into it. But no, no, they'd rather catch the guy who's stealing organs from the transplant ward!!
Night

Post by Night »

Persmerga wrote:Meant to answer how much PS2 cost on UK release as now noted above.

From what i heard the top PS3 model will cost £450 and the lower model will cost a little less and last i worked out the highre model would be a better purchase taking into conideration what extra your getting for top model and difference in price.*
I think it's possible we're only gonna see the top range model for the launch (which was their plan when it was supposed to be released in November). However, what with the delay and all, maybe we'll get a bit more choice on the (eventual) launch date.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Persmerga

Post by Persmerga »

According to there UK website last time i read it they were now going ahead with both models but then again they said they were releasing PS3 in November lol so now who knows but i'd be getting top model anyway because it would work out more beneficial and better value for what you get.
eternal_sins

Post by eternal_sins »

In Singapore, it cost a bomb!

S$800^

which is...
around US$500-US$650

which is...
around $350-$400 in Europe...
i think...why?

In Singapore,

$1=US$2 (x2 rate)
$1=$3 in Europe (x3 rate)