Playstation 3

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

The PS3 doesn't really have any games that really stand out. I'm not buying it anytime soon unless alot of good games comes out. And even then, I'd still be reluctant to buy it, I'd rather see Sony's game devision die. I'm more of a Nintendo guy so I only really WANT the Wii.

I'm also fairly anti-sony because of all their stupid remarks. "They'll buy 5 million PS3's even if we didn't have any games for it!"

Then there's the whole Wii60 thing... I'm an active member on Wii60.com.

IMO, PS3 really isn't worth $600 unless you really want Blu-Ray. But just remember it's not the standard yet whatever sony tells you. Remember the Betamax days!
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

I think the PS3 is gonna have plenty of good games. There's Grand Turismo, Assassin's Creed, Resistance:Fall of Man, and OMG-Metal Gear Solid 4!!!

Those are just a handfull of games I'm looking forward to, even though I don't plan on getting a PS3 until after the holidays at the earliest. The other thing is the backwards compatibility. I already own a huge library of PS1 and PS2 games. The X-Box 360 and Wii just don't appeal to me.
PSN: FreshMetal80
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

freshmetal wrote:I think the PS3 is gonna have plenty of good games. There's Grand Turismo, Assassin's Creed, Resistance:Fall of Man, and OMG-Metal Gear Solid 4!!!

Those are just a handfull of games I'm looking forward to, even though I don't plan on getting a PS3 until after the holidays at the earliest. The other thing is the backwards compatibility. I already own a huge library of PS1 and PS2 games. The X-Box 360 and Wii just don't appeal to me.
I can understand that. The Xbox 360 doesn't really appeal to me either. Only the Wii really does. But Resistance and GT just don't seem that... special. Assasin's Creed looks like it's gonna be great but guess what? It's coming to the 360. The only thing that really looks like it could have evolved is MGS4 in my opinion(plus I'm sure it has a great story-line).

But like I said, as long as I have the Wii I'll be happy.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

Wraith wrote:The PS3 doesn't really have any games that really stand out. I'm not buying it anytime soon unless alot of good games comes out. And even then, I'd still be reluctant to buy it, I'd rather see Sony's game devision die. I'm more of a Nintendo guy so I only really WANT the Wii.

I'm also fairly anti-sony because of all their stupid remarks. "They'll buy 5 million PS3's even if we didn't have any games for it!"

Then there's the whole Wii60 thing... I'm an active member on Wii60.com.

IMO, PS3 really isn't worth $600 unless you really want Blu-Ray. But just remember it's not the standard yet whatever sony tells you. Remember the Betamax days!
My god is this idiot day on the forums?

Remember betamax?

Betamax was a closed, proprietary technology that required anyone wanting to put video out, to go through Sony.

Blu-Ray is an open, non proprietary technology, that anyone can put out product for.

The only reason some products are not being released on Blu-Ray is because the studios themselves drew the line, not Sony.

Also

if you are anti-sony, why the hell even post in a sony thread? Are you just so desperate for attention that you have to post your hate for a product in a thread dedicated for that product, in hopes that someone may pay attention to you?

Or what?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Personal attacks don't belong on these forums.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

if you are anti-sony, why the hell even post in a sony thread? Are you just so desperate for attention that you have to post your hate for a product in a thread dedicated for that product, in hopes that someone may pay attention to you?
I'm pretty anti-sony in the sense that I really hate Sony excecutives(they do say really stupid stuff). But it's not like I'm all "I won't buy the PS3 cuz it's like st000phid". I'm still buying it. After all, it's a friggin console, and I want to play games. I'll buy a console if it got the games I like to play. As long as that doesn't happen I'll just stick to the Wii because I just like Nintendo games more than those of other devs. The fact of the matter is that there isn't really a good reason to buy the PS3 at launch unless you really want the Blu-Ray(then again, I suppose one can find a remake of an old Gran Turismo in HD fun). I'm still going to buy the PS3, just not at release because it certainly isn't worth it. Because of Sony's huge Third-Party support I'm sure they'll have some excellent games in some times, just not at launch.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

Wraith wrote:
I'm pretty anti-sony in the sense that I really hate Sony excecutives(they do say really stupid stuff). But it's not like I'm all "I won't buy the PS3 cuz it's like st000phid". I'm still buying it. After all, it's a friggin console, and I want to play games. I'll buy a console if it got the games I like to play. As long as that doesn't happen I'll just stick to the Wii because I just like Nintendo games more than those of other devs. The fact of the matter is that there isn't really a good reason to buy the PS3 at launch unless you really want the Blu-Ray(then again, I suppose one can find a remake of an old Gran Turismo in HD fun). I'm still going to buy the PS3, just not at release because it certainly isn't worth it. Because of Sony's huge Third-Party support I'm sure they'll have some excellent games in some times, just not at launch.
" Look at me, I don't like what you like, Pay attention to me! "
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Komataguri wrote:" Look at me, I don't like what you like, Pay attention to me! "
Yup, and for that, you'll be receiving a PM from me because I'm looking at you and paying attention to you, Komataguri. =D

Okay now move along and get back on topic.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

Red Killey wrote:
Komataguri wrote:" Look at me, I don't like what you like, Pay attention to me! "
Yup, and for that, you'll be receiving a PM from me because I'm looking at you and paying attention to you, Komataguri. =D

So pointing out the obvious is some how against the rules now..

EDIT by Red Killey: I told you to get back on topic. Consider this your very last warning. If you can't follow the rules, feel free to leave or be forced to leave. Your choice.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Komataguri wrote:
Red Killey wrote:

So pointing out the obvious is some how against the rules now..
Yes, when you do it like a total douche.

And I do believe RK said something about getting back on topic. You'd do well to adhere.
Basel

Playstation 3 supported disc and AV codec formats revealed

Post by Basel »

Source: http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/14201
According to Softpedia, the disc, audio and video types supported by the Playstation 3 have been revealed. As expected, the player will be capable of playing back Blu-ray ROM and the recordable BD-R and BD-RE formats. For audio CD playback, it supports CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW and Super Audio CD and for DVD Video playback, it supports DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW and DVD+RW.

When it comes to AV codec’s, its audio codec support includes AAC, WAV, MP3 and ATRAC, its video support includes MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4 SP and MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 and its image support includes JPEG, PNG, BMP and GIF.
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

No DVD-RAM or VCD?

Poor show.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

Feldoon wrote:No DVD-RAM or VCD?

Poor show.
mpeg-1 is vcd
Basel

Post by Basel »

Terra Soft has updated its website with a list of applications that are going to be installed by default on YDL v5.0 for PS3. Even though YDL v5.0 defaults to E17 you will be able to use KDE and Gnome at log-in time :D. You can also download and install built applications from the Internet. Some of the noticeable applications:
* OpenOffice - A multiplatform and multilingual office suite
* GIPM - GNU Image Manipulation Program
* Xchat - an IRC chat program
* GAIM - a multi-protocol instant messaging (IM) client
* Firefox - The award-winning industry standard Web browser
* Eclipse - an open development platform

I won't be needing my pc once I get my hands on a PS3 :lol:

EDIT: YDL v5.0 will be available for public download on the week of December 25th.
1. Monday, November 27: Download Install & Source ISOs via YDL.net Enhanced.
2. Monday, December 11: Purchase DVDs from the Terra Soft Store.
3. The week of December 25: Download Install & Source ISOs via the public mirrors.
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

Gimme *grabs at thin air*