Playstation 3

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Basel

Post by Basel »

Photos of the PS3 hardware on watch impress:
http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2006/1111/ps3.htm
http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2006/1111/ps3_2.htm
There are also some reports of some guys who managed to upgrade the HD of the PS3 to 120GB and 320GB. I cannot confirm this news since am currently at work.

EDIT: Updating the HD seems to be a simple task as shown in the link below(the page is in Korean I guess):
http://ruliweb2.dreamwiz.com/ruliboard/ ... 04&main=ps
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

The PS3 was launched today, Nov.11. Free ps2 games were also given away to some preorders.
Basel

Post by Basel »

IGN did some testing for the PS3 backwards compatibility and found some issues: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/745/745439p1.html

Here is one issue related to Suikoden:
Suikoden III: Cannot read PS1 data during the game.
The PS3 Virtual Memory Card specifications do not allow for PS2 games to read PS1 data, which is something that's apparently used in Suikoden III and a few other titles.
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
warmaster670

Post by warmaster670 »

Basel wrote:IGN did some testing for the PS3 backwards compatibility and found some issues: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/745/745439p1.html

Here is one issue related to Suikoden:
Suikoden III: Cannot read PS1 data during the game.
The PS3 Virtual Memory Card specifications do not allow for PS2 games to read PS1 data, which is something that's apparently used in Suikoden III and a few other titles.
best solution, make a save right at the begining of 3 that contains the data.

or better yet, just do that anyway for 2 and 3
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Just use the PS2 instead.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

so when do u think the PS3 will be available as a normal, available product... i haven't heard anything about Sony working on producing another batch. obviously they didn't have enough time to test and troubleshoot everything.. if they're smart, they will give some more time before producing the next batch (that sold on ebay for $2000-$3000 wtf) to eliminate serious problems - backward compatibility issues and 1080i-whatever problems that have been reported.
warmaster670

Post by warmaster670 »

KFCrispy wrote:so when do you think the PS3 will be available as a normal, available product... i haven't heard anything about Sony working on producing another batch. obviously they didn't have enough time to test and troubleshoot everything.. if they're smart, they will give some more time before producing the next batch (that sold on ebay for $2000-$3000 wtf) to eliminate serious problems - backward compatibility issues and 1080i-whatever problems that have been reported.
there supposedly shipping some every week, but the BC problems wont be fixed with new shipments, thell be fixed with firmware updates
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

warmaster670 wrote:but the BC problems wont be fixed with new shipments
I hope the shootings will.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

We had a brawl in the middle of the night at our store. No shootings though... it did happen at a few of our stores up north, though.
Purr.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

It is unbelievably pathetic to shoot someone over a overpriced console that has no games on it yet. Notice that only happened in the states though . . .
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

PS3

That's a pretty good price.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

It only serves to infuriate me that the seller is actually serious. Oh, to bring divine wrath upon him in a fashion only I could produce, because I doubt there isn't another person as stupid as he - Oh wait, the future buyer is, but that's another story.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

There is no future buyer for that, I assure you.
Purr.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

top bid i saw on ebay the Wednesday or Thursday afternoon before it came out was just over $3000. the person was claiming that the money was going to a charity or something. (the make-money-for-myself charity???).... why couldn't i get a reserve............ :/
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

I'm the wireless expert at a Best Buy... not only did we have the brawls in the middle of the night, but we had one of our business professionals pay a bum $100 to sit in a spot in line for him. I guess the customers in line complained and they had the bum removed. Poor guy :( Plus Orlando was out $100! Oh well, I guess that's what he gets for expecting to be able to go off and do what he wants while someone else waits for 2 days to get a PS3 for HIM...

people were even selling their spots in line for $1000 to $2000 even before the actual sale. That didn't even include the PS3 cost. I saw one go for $1000. I also saw a PS3 preorder go for about 9 grand on ebay before it even came out.

Psychos!
Purr.