How do you like your TV and monitor?

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

How do you like your TV and monitor?

Post by dragonmasterx »

I think my TV is too small. I can't read the font very well in certain games. One I tried if Dead Rising on XBOX360. Then when I tried this same game on my brother's gigantic HDTV, the font looked fine. So a small TV forces me to squint to read the text. I need to get a bigger one soon. However, I believe too big of a TV is bad too. The last time I sat through a movie(Forrest Gump) in the front row of the movie theater, my eyes didn't feel very comfortable. So the TV has to be just the right size.

How do you like your TV, and monitor?

Oh yea, I read in some video game magazine where they had in interview with the Dead Rising creators who, when asked about the microscopic text, said "LOL! You should definitely get a HDTV if you're gonna play XBOX360."

As for my monitor, I can see perfectly fine with this 15 inch flatscreen. But if it's ever a problem, "ctrl+" on firefox enlarges the text. And most computer games I play don't require much reading.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

My 19'' flatscreen monitor is the same size as my bulky TV screen. Guess which one I watch everything possible on?

My TV doesn't seem too small, but it is harder to look at compared to my monitor - understandably, as the monitor cost more than the entire TV.
warmaster670

Post by warmaster670 »

my 17 inch flat moniter is fine for me, 1024x768 seems to be the most common resolution, so most things look perfect for me.

now my tv, i think is a 21 inch, its around 10 years old though, and i need a vcr to play any of my systems(except my ps1/2) but overall its not bad, would be nive to get a 20-30 inch flat screen though
Basel

Post by Basel »

I have been wanting to get a new 20 inch TV for a long time now but I am too lazy to do so. The one I use to play videogames is 14 inch and I have been using it since the days of Tekken and destruction derby.

For the my PC I use a 17" flatscreen monitor at 1280x1024 resolution.
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
Shikton

Post by Shikton »

The TV I use to play video games on is probably somewhere around 36 inches or something. Maybe even 40". Same with my movie watching TV. Bedroom TV is 32" I think. And hardly working anymore. :P Turns itself off when the room is cold. Evil. My laptop (on which I now do everything computer related as it pwnz my desktop PC) is a cute little 14,2" (HP Pavillion dv2004ea) which works just fine for me. It even runs The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. But not anymore as the game turned out to be boring as hell. :(
I am Shikton, the Slayer of Bunnies.
avenger

Re: How do you like your TV and monitor?

Post by avenger »

well i have a 37inch tv/monitor. this way i can play games and talk on the forums with ample visibility kay?
Azadi

Post by Azadi »

I have a 42" flatscreen TV.

It's sweet :)
avenger

Post by avenger »

yes , you got 5 more inches on me pal. the bigger the better kay?
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

I ended up getting a 32'' Vizio LCD TV. Besides gaming, I also have a computer hooked up to it, so I can watch Youtube/Hulu on the big screen. When I'm rich, I'm going to upgrade to an HD projector. Those things can get ridiculously big at a much cheaper price than LCD/Plasma. *drools at the thought of an entire wall being a tv*
Azadi

Post by Azadi »

I have a PS3 and I plug my ethernet cable in it and I can use the browser to watch Youtube videos on my TV. :)
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

37 inch full HD TV, 19 inch monitor. TV is decent, monitor sucks.
avenger

Post by avenger »

Hirathien does your tv have a monitor cable input, if so , you can get rid of the monitor and just plug the computer dirrectly to the tv kay?
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

avenger wrote:Hirathien does your tv have a monitor cable input, if so , you can get rid of the monitor and just plug the computer dirrectly to the tv kay?
Sadly it doesn't.
Kagiya

Post by Kagiya »

Well, I have a 42 inch Sony HD flat screen in the living room and a 32 inch Sharp HD flat screen in my bedroom. The PS3 is hooked up to the 42 inch of course. The bed room tv still has the PS2 hooked up to it. I still have regular dvds. My PS2 has been my primary dvd player since I moved out for college.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

Mine's a 37inch flat screen.
I'm actually very simple...and I've had a 37inch regular telly for so long that I didn't want to change it (Deon hates change...both kinds.) But my mom was all "Everyone else has a flat screen!" so she bought me one....At first it took some getting used to. It has a lot of HD channels built it. It's cool. ..so I've grown to like it.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore