How do you like your TV and monitor?

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Celes
Global Admin

Re: How do you like your TV and monitor?

Post by Celes »

Sanyo plv-Z5 LCD projector HD on which the PS2, XBOX 360 and SNES are hooked up. ~2,5m view diagonally :)
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

How do you like it, Celes?

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I'm interested in an HD projector. The only thing that might change my mind is the coming 3D tvs. With all the cool things that Bravia+PS3 combos can do for 3d (and other things), I'm now choosing between the new 3D Bravias and an HD projector. I'm not going to be in the market for probably another year, so I can just wait and see how 3D plays out. Still, it'd be nice to know some more first-hand accounts of HD projectors.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

It is my first and only projector, which I have now for almost 1,5 years, and it is still kicking. But for that reason I have no possibility of comparison. It doesn't need full darkness to project a clear image that can reach almost 3 meters in width on a distance of 4 meters. Of course, daylight is out of the question. XBOX360 games look awesome on it, especially on high resolutions. PS2 games do as well. Final Fantasy XII for example supports in-game wide-screen, and as I mentioned before, even old games have an almost cinematic atmosphere on that scale. XBOX does fine for movies too.

I can't see the point of spending huge amounts for a big tv screen, when a projector will exceed the size by far, if installed properly. It was a big deal, but I didn't regret it a single day.

The first time I played Silent Hill Homecomming on that thing in total darkness, it really gave me the creeps :shock:
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

I don't even know if I could play a survival horror game on a big projector screen. I barely made it through the Condemned 2 demo on a 30'' SDTV and stock internal speakers :)
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

I couldn't play a horror game on any screen...I'm a chicken-wuss.
But I do love watching others play them...I buy them and have someone else play them.

...don't judge me!

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

RangerDeon wrote:I couldn't play a horror game on any screen...I'm a chicken-wuss.
But I do love watching others play them...I buy them and have someone else play them.

...don't judge me!
Hear, Hear!! I don't even watch horror movies. But I'm cool with it. My wife doesn't like them either, so my life pretty much just goes on (ignoring half of the movies that come out of course).

To stay on topic: I still have an analog TV. And I didn't ever get a digital converter box or antenna, so we can't watch tv, which is actually awesome. I'm so much more productive without it. I did just recently get a new computer. But I always get laptops, so screensize is never all that special. However, I did get the one with a 15 1/2" screen. Plus, the nice thing about it is that I can squeeze about 9-10 hours out of the battery while doing all of my school work.
Cerahbes

Post by Cerahbes »

projector sounds cool - actually I live in an old hospital, one of my rooms is a conference room with an old and still working projector screen that's electrically driven by a light switch - it drops outta the ceiling and retracts back in with the flip of a switch haha

I use a horrific command center like setup with a 47" philips lcd as my monitor, and a 46" panasonic plasma just off to the side for tv and consoles - a wrap around desk and a high-back chair complete the dorkiness *^_^*

http://cer.nuitari.net/jpgs/cpusetup2.JPG

my friends still laugh whenever they see me sitting in this setup =0
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

You got an old hospital all by yourself? Sounds fricking awesome!
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

That is the perfect location to play survival horror games :)
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

I agree with both of the previous two posts. Please elaborate on how you live in an old hospital; and how much of it is actually yours.
Cerahbes

Post by Cerahbes »

how much of it is mine? about 2000 sqft. of it on the 4th floor :P

my landlord bought this old hospital building after it closed down and did a fast "turn it into apartments and office space" He definately did not put too much work into it as there is still lots of "hospital" stuff around the complex. My elevator is the perfect size for a gurney :mrgreen: And yes, survival horror and roleplaying games about such are excellent here... the complex does look kinda spooky outside at night...
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

It should be even better on the thirteenth floor!
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

Or the basement.
Cerahbes

Post by Cerahbes »

hrm I believe I'm on the top floor ... ya the basement would be really creepy

but I hear the crematorium and the morgue have these wonderful large filing cabinet ... *^_-*
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Has anyone got a SVID or AV cable for their PS2/3? More importanly, has anyone played Suikdoen with one of these, perhaps in 480p mode? STILL more importantly, has anyone tried this in Progressive Mode??

lol I'm dying to know :P