Myspace

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
ShakenMike

Re: Myspace

Post by ShakenMike »

Does the owner of Myspace what he/she doing?
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

I am a facebook guy. I am sick of Myspace errors and viruses. Also I find that there is a lot of cool stuff you can do with Facebook and it's connected me to friends I haven't seen in a long time or people who I otherwise wouldn't have the chance to talk to. :o
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
ShakenMike

Post by ShakenMike »

Is facebook like myspace or is it better?
Michael Easton

Post by Michael Easton »

ShakenMike wrote:Is facebook like myspace or is it better?
Facebook is quite similar to Myspace in that it can connect you to friends etc (with some differences, like the applications on Facebook/music on Myspace) but I feel that it's better due to the lack of viruses, spam bots and constant technical errors that prevent you from doing anything.
ShakenMike

Post by ShakenMike »

I didn't like the site because it was hard to use.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I was browsing myspace the other day and all of a sudden a trojan was attacking my cpu! I instantly got rid of it but damm...my space is going down the tubes huh?

I also heard that bosses go on people's my space to see if they wanna hire them or not...so better have a nice my space....
Michael Easton

Post by Michael Easton »

son_michael wrote:I also heard that bosses go on people's my space to see if they wanna hire them or not...so better have a nice my space....
I've heard about that and it's true. Best not to leave any incriminating information on there or you will potentially ruin your chances of getting a job.

I remember hearing about someone on Facebook who didn't go into work one day and updated her profile status saying "So and So is pulling a sickie".

Needless to say she got sacked. True story.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Of course you can just make your space private to avoid all of those problems.

And no, visiting MySpace will not ruin your computer. It was probably something else.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Jowy Atreides wrote:Of course you can just make your space private to avoid all of those problems.

And no, visiting MySpace will not ruin your computer. It was probably something else.

it wasn't something else....I open my space and then my anti virus pops up telling me a trojan is trying to get into my cpu....it was my space
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Maybe you were just looking at one of those profiles that were created by a bot that have pictures of nearly-naked girls on them to try to sucker people into taking online surveys or something. Those are generally the only ones that'll have any form of virus on 'em. Unless you start going to their websites that they advertise... then you could get one too.

Sounds like that's what you did.
Purr.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

son_michael wrote:
Jowy Atreides wrote:Of course you can just make your space private to avoid all of those problems.

it wasn't something else....I open my space and then my anti virus pops up telling me a trojan is trying to get into my cpu....it was my space
And this happens every time?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Pollensalta wrote:Maybe you were just looking at one of those profiles that were created by a bot that have pictures of nearly-naked girls on them to try to sucker people into taking online surveys or something. Those are generally the only ones that'll have any form of virus on 'em. Unless you start going to their websites that they advertise... then you could get one too.

Sounds like that's what you did.

no....my friend was using my cpu to look at his my space and he clicked on 1 of his friends links and then when the page finished loading on his friends my space account I got the virus warning
ShakenMike

Post by ShakenMike »

I heard myspace isn't friendly from a friend from IGN board(is she right)

What about those other sites like youtube and other sites that are non dating sites?
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

ShakenMike wrote:I heard myspace isn't friendly from a friend from IGN board(is she right)

What about those other sites like youtube and other sites that are non dating sites?
myspace isn't a dating site, and youtube has nothing to do with it.
what do you mean, myspace "isn't friendly..."?
I guess it would depend on who you know, wouldn't it?
Okay, the deal with myspace and viruses is this: Yes, you could get a virus from it... if you're a complete and utter retard.
Yes, there are bots who create fake profiles to advertise certain things and spread viruses. However, you can't just "get" those viruses from those profiles. You have to take actions of your own to actually get them. Like, if you're getting random invites from super-hot girls who are like "Hey, cutie, come look at my website" and you click on that link... that's just idiocy right there, and you deserve to get a virus for being that stupid. And if you're adding a bunch of people you don't even know just to look cool, once again, if you get sent something and YOU open it and something bad happens to your computer... your fault. It's just like opening random emails from spammers. Don't do it and you won't get hurt.
Things like this can happen on any site, anywhere, and if people would just take a few more precautions, this crap wouldn't happen to them.
Purr.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

I don't like myspace. I think its a waste of time and retarded. Depends on how people uses it. Some just use it to show off their "lovely" body. THe others are there to keep in touch with good old friends. I think its a good site to get kids corrupted though, which I do not think anyone of us want that
Nick Bruiser